• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Downriver Meet & Eat Sunday?

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

Several OC'rs are in the downriver area and haven't made it to a get-together. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Downriver Meet & Eat Sunday Jan. 4th?
I am open to suggestions for locations and times.
I am thinking Taylor or somewhere in that area. Comments?

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Nope Telegraph and Vreeland. Just south of Vreeland. Monroe County doesnt start until Will Carlton. Its about 1 mile north of the Monroe/Wayne county border. I will be there. Perfect time, Perfect day and close to home...

taxwhat

imported post

dougwg wrote:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&abauth=233afca2%3A2DjKRRjUVX1lsswYCtgj7bGcF6E&hl=en&gl=us&q=American+Flag+Restaurant+loc%3A+42.108006%2C-83.286027&btnG=Search+Maps

American Flag Restaurant‎
27103 Telegraph Rd
Flat Rock, MI
(734) 782-0860

12 noon‎

;)

Meet and greet Lunch

All are welcome, bring a friend.

I hope to talk about OC and hopefully some new ideas to talkand learn about.
OPEN to ALL who wish to share in Open carry and CC handguns ,Please come join us .

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

Since your not flying you won't be able to pass the security area to get to the gate. That means that you can carry in the airport.

Taken from the article:
"We like our guns in Michigan," said Scott Wintner, a spokesman for Detroit Metro Airport.

From CBS News
Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/16/national/main4525263.shtml
(AP) Flying in the U.S. has been transformed since Sept. 11, with passengers forced to remove their shoes, take out their laptop computers and put liquids and gels in clear plastic bags. Yet it's perfectly legal to take a loaded gun right up to the security checkpoint at some of the nation's biggest airports.

An Associated Press survey of the 20 busiest U.S. airports found that seven of them - Philadelphia, Detroit, Phoenix, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles and San Francisco - let people with gun permits carry firearms in the general public areas of the terminal.