• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where to Find Cheap Ammo

Michigander

imported post

OR...

LeeClassicTurrentPressFront.jpg

conservative85

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Wal-mart carries Blazer Brass for less than $9/50 in 9mm.

Bronson
Nothin against Wal-mart I luvs the Wal-marts, but I have heard nothing good about Blazer. Bad quality control!

M16a2

Farmington,Port Huron,Waterford MICHIGAN, , USA
imported post

Make friends with someone with a reloader. Best if it is a high end one that does more than one round at a time.

I am doing 6000rds. of .223 for my SMG and a few other rifles.

I stay away from Wolf and Bear! In Full Auto there are LOTS of problems and mess.

conservative85

imported post

I have shot nothing but wolf in my 1911 for fun and have had no problems, I agree it can be dirty but 1911's love dirty lol

:celebrate

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I've put quite a few rounds of CCI Blazer through my .45, and haven't had any trouble, and you know how picky I am about ammo, Steve-o!

Michigander

imported post

Speaking of Wolf and Blazer, the cases, contrary to popular belief, work very well for reloading. I've so far gotten to the 4th loading of Wolf .45 casings, and the second on Blazer. I'm sure it will eventually crack, but so far it's worked great.

M16a2

Farmington,Port Huron,Waterford MICHIGAN, , USA
imported post

Are you running it in a Full auto gun? And I am ok with the mess it is the damage it does to the gun I don't like.

When I go for a FA range day I oil the gun like no other. But Wolf and bear will run fine for thousands of rounds. But the first round of brass I put in it jams in there so tight I have to go home soak the barrel and hammer it out. And it is a week long job to clean the camber in a AR after wolf. Just not worth it if you are a reloader and can build rounds for same/cheaper than wolf.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

This weekend 3rd and 4th

[size=-1]COMPUTER SHOWS
[/size]

[size=-1]SPORTS CARD SHOWS[/size]

[size=-1]BRIDAL SHOWS[/size]

[size=-1]GOLF SHOWS[/size]

[size=-1]ANTIQUE SHOWS[/size]

pic_1.jpg

[size=+1]"The Michigan Gun & Knife Show" is the largest and finest in the state of Michigan. Each show offers up to 500 tables of handguns, rifles, shotguns, knives, military surplus, hunting and fishing supplies and fantastic prices on ammunition and other gun & knife accessories. The shows take place indoors in our dedicated 50,000 sq. ft. Show Area. There's a separate $5.00 admission charge to the show.[/size]

[size=+1]SHOW HOURS:
[/size]
FRI- 12:00-9:00
SAT. 10:00-:600
SUN. 10:00-6:00
[size=+2]VENDOR INFORMATION
[/size]
VENDOR CONTRACTS FOR
TAYLOR & MT. CLEMENS

[align=center][size=-2]ADULTS ONLY. NO ONE UNDER 18 ADMITTED
WITHOUT PARENT.
PICTURE I.D. REQUIRED
FIREARM SALES BY FFL DEALERS ONLY.
FBI BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
PURCHASE PERMIT ISSUED BY LOCAL POLICE DEPT.
REQUIRED FOR HANDGUN PURCHASES
[/size][/align]

[size=+3]UP TO500 TABLES!
[/size]
RIFLES * SHOTGUNS
AMMO * HANDGUNS
KNIVES * HUNTING &
FISHING SUPPLIES * SAFES
WILD GAME JERKY * SCOPES
GRIPS AND MORE!

Bronson

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
Bronson wrote:
Wal-mart carries Blazer Brass for less than $9/50 in 9mm.

Bronson
Nothin against Wal-mart I luvs the Wal-marts, but I have heard nothing good about Blazer. Bad quality control!

Well, now you're hearing something good. I shoot it in 3 different calibers and after many many many rounds have never had a single issue.

Bronson

conservative85

imported post

Cool!, I'm good with that! Like I said I shoot wolf & I get ripped for that! so who am I to Judge...