• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reloading in Snohomish County

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Somewhat off-topic for Open Carry, but still firearms related... Where to other Reloaders purchase their supplies without driving halfway across the state?

I had planned on a trip south to Cabela's today to pick up some supplies, but time got away from me. It's a pretty long trip from my place in the Arlington area.

I ended up going to Sportsmans Warehouse in Burlington and found the shelves almost empty. I picked up some Hornady bullets and some CCI primers, but the powder selection was abismal. Nothing left but some of the strange stuff no one buys.

Hammer

imported post

I live in Burlington, and buy some stuff at Sportsmen's Warehouse.
An aside: If you go in there, above and left of the shotguns is a head mount of a Barbados sheep I harvested years ago- full curl.
Back to the reloading: As was said, primers & powder- buy local. Other elements, I often get mail order. I also cast my own slugs, so only buy a few jacketed bullets for loads to use "against dangerous game"
Keep yer powder dry! :celebrate

amlevin

imported post

kparker wrote:
Actually, buying from Powder Valley (http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/) isn't too painful; they're pretty good about batching things together to minimize the hazmat charges.

Ditto here on Powder Valley. I'm expecting another delivery of Powder (12#) and Primers (5,000). Spreading the single Hazmat Fee of $20 over the "17 Units" i purchased it makes the powder the same price as Sportsman's Warehouse and the Wolf Primers are $20 per thousand which is $8 per thousand less than SW. The Freight is a push with travel and gas to Burlington or Kesselrings'. The neat part is I can shop at home, I get good prices on powder, primers, bullets, and even brass if I need any, unlike SW there is plenty in stock, and I don't get screwed by SW showing one powder price on their price sheet posted in the department while charging me another price at the register.

Powder Valler is great for powder and primers.

Montana Gold for Bullets.

Brassman for brass.

Save wear and tear on your car as well as the cost of gas.

Just remember to order enough powder and primers to make the Hazmat Fee a small part of each "Unit".

just_a_car

imported post

I doubt their prices are all that competitive, but I know that Joe's in Lynnwood on 196th St. and Hwy 99 in James Village has primers and bullets in the back-right of their store near the gun cleaning supplies. Might be worth checking out, even if their selection is rather limited.

amlevin

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I doubt their prices are all that competitive, but I know that Joe's in Lynnwood on 196th St. and Hwy 99 in James Village has primers and bullets in the back-right of their store near the gun cleaning supplies. Might be worth checking out, even if their selection is rather limited.
The last time I tried to buy primers at Joes they were asking over $30 per thousand for them. That's a touch expensive in my experience.

just_a_car

imported post

Fair enough... I just remembered seeing them there when I was picking up some Hoppe's No. 9 and figured I'd mention it, since I normally wouldn't think of them for reloading supplies.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
The last time I tried to buy primers at Joes they were asking over $30 per thousand for them. That's a touch expensive in my experience.
I thought Joes was on the DNP List!

just_a_car

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
amlevin wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
I thought Joes was on the DNP List!
Look for yourself, it's a sticky: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630.html