Thread: First time UOCing in So cal

Post imported post

Christmas day two friends and i went to the movies to see the movie Valkyrie. I had my P2000sk in a thigh rig along with two loaded mags. We walked up to the counter, bought our tickets, then went inside and give our tickets to the usher. He tore our tickets and pointed us to the theatre. When we got maybe 15 feet from we heard him say to another employee "Did that guy have a handgun on his leg?" . We all got laugh out of it and we didn't have any problems at all.

Post imported post

Welcome! What city are you in? Do you carry a recorder and any of the brochures? How familiar are you with the laws if you would need to discuss them.

Again Welcome and how long have you been lurking?

Post imported post

I am in San Pedro. Whenever i carry i have a few of the fliers as well as all the PC's printed out. I need to get a recorded. I asked a cop about his views on open carrying and suprisingly he was all for it. I have been lurking and reading a ton of the forums on here for a few months now.

Post imported post

Mistake #1...No recorder. ALWAYS have a recorder on your person WHENEVER you OC.

Mistake #2...asking a cop for an opinion...(Only a small joke.)

Otherwise, welcome to opencarry....I didn't introduce myself to anyone when I showed up, but that is because I am a butt head.

pyroman5k2 wrote:
    I am in San Pedro. Whenever i carry i have a few of the fliers as well as all the PC's printed out. I need to get a recorded. I asked a cop about his views on open carrying and suprisingly he was all for it. I have been lurking and reading a ton of the forums on here for a few months now.

Post imported post

I'm glad to hear everything went well!

Post imported post

why do you need a recorder, what purpose does it serve and why is it so important when someone open carrys

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

You need a recorder for when the police say you consented to something and you didn't. Then you end up in court without a way to defend yourself and the judge believes the police officers because they're oh so nice.

Case and point, CA_Libertarian's experience with Turlock PD: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/13128.html

He was detained and they did an illegal search of his car, their police report said he consented, his voice recorder proves he consented to nothing. Now he can prove that they are liars and violated his 4th amendment rights, hopefully getting a ton of money and causing Turlock PD to reassess their employment of officers who conspire against the citizens they are supposed to protect and serve.

State Researcher

Post imported post

oneaveragejohn wrote:
    why do you need a recorder, what purpose does it serve and why is it so important when someone open carrys
    I recommend a recorder for ALL interaction with LE, even if not carrying. The purpose is that not all officers are honest and honorable. Some may even lie to cover up violation of your constitutional rights. If the court hears testimony from one officer, and you're the only witness to call him a liar... guess who the court will believe. If you have witnesses, then you might have the cop over a barrel. What if it's several cops all telling the same lie? That's where audio recording proves its value.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

oneaveragejohn wrote:
    In short, in case your rights are violated, you have evidence.