Thread: Anybody know what an RG23 is?

Post imported post

Just got one today. 22LR, snubnose revolver.

Looked it up on google images. couldn't find anything.

Post imported post

It is made by Rohm Gmbh, a German Manufacturer, and is one of the original "Saturday Night Specials". My understanding is that they are decent guns for the money and that there are parts guns for them readily available on the gun auction sites.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Good for the money? Only cost me $100.

Post imported post

What is the condition of it. $100 is pretty much the maximum for an almost mint condition one. Typically you don't find them in that good condition and they usually go for around $60 - $80 with some minor wearing and a little slop in the cylinder.

For $100 I would expect it to have almost no wear on the finish and grips and a fairly tight lockup on the cylinder.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

State Researcher

Post imported post

If you got it in near perfect condition you paid a fair price for it as joerocket says.

If you go to this webpage http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum you'll learn all you ever wanted to know about inexpensive handguns.

If the lockup and timing is good, you have yourself a nice little gun. It's not a high end gun by any stretch of the imagination, but it will serve as a casual plinker or pocket pistol.

Post imported post

$100 is the far upper end. Most RGs sold new for less than $69.

Post imported post

Dammit. I thought I was getting a good deal.

There's not a wide selection of verifiably clean guns where I live. There's more handguns in that DJ's Sport and Loan in Bothell than there is in all the pawn shops in Yakima. Buying off 'the street' is another tricky matter I'm trying to avoid if at all possible.

Post imported post

cynicist wrote:
    Dammit. I thought I was getting a good deal.
    You did. You obviously felt that the pistol was worth $100 to you or you would not have bought it. You bought it for an amount that you found to be fair. Whether or not someone else bought one for a different amount does not change that fact. And even if you paid too much, if it works and looks good you didn't "overpay" by more than $20. This isn't like paying $2k for a vintage rifle and then finding out you could have got the same things for $1100 all day long at gun broker.

So now you have it. It was a good deal because you got a pistol you wanted for a price you thought fair to pay. Now enjoy it and let us know your first shooting experiences.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

State Researcher

Post imported post

Plus while the gun may have sold for 70 bucks or so brand new back in the day, that was a very long time ago. No more of these things are being made, and the going rate seems about $100. In other words, they increased in value. If you ever feel like you got a bad deal, I'll buy it from you for what you paid for it.