• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody know what an RG23 is?

joeroket

imported post

It is made by Rohm Gmbh, a German Manufacturer, and is one of the original "Saturday Night Specials". My understanding is that they are decent guns for the money and that there are parts guns for them readily available on the gun auction sites.

joeroket

imported post

What is the condition of it. $100 is pretty much the maximum for an almost mint condition one. Typically you don't find them in that good condition and they usually go for around $60 - $80 with some minor wearing and a little slop in the cylinder.

For $100 I would expect it to have almost no wear on the finish and grips and a fairly tight lockup on the cylinder.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

If you got it in near perfect condition you paid a fair price for it as joerocket says.

If you go to this webpage http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum you'll learn all you ever wanted to know about inexpensive handguns.

If the lockup and timing is good, you have yourself a nice little gun. It's not a high end gun by any stretch of the imagination, but it will serve as a casual plinker or pocket pistol.

cynicist

imported post

Dammit. I thought I was getting a good deal.

There's not a wide selection of verifiably clean guns where I live. There's more handguns in that DJ's Sport and Loan in Bothell than there is in all the pawn shops in Yakima. Buying off 'the street' is another tricky matter I'm trying to avoid if at all possible.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cynicist wrote:
Dammit. I thought I was getting a good deal.
You did. You obviously felt that the pistol was worth $100 to you or you would not have bought it. You bought it for an amount that you found to be fair. Whether or not someone else bought one for a different amount does not change that fact. And even if you paid too much, if it works and looks good you didn't "overpay" by more than $20. This isn't like paying $2k for a vintage rifle and then finding out you could have got the same things for $1100 all day long at gun broker.

So now you have it. It was a good deal because you got a pistol you wanted for a price you thought fair to pay. Now enjoy it and let us know your first shooting experiences.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Plus while the gun may have sold for 70 bucks or so brand new back in the day, that was a very long time ago. No more of these things are being made, and the going rate seems about $100. In other words, they increased in value. If you ever feel like you got a bad deal, I'll buy it from you for what you paid for it.