• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Reason For a Gun.......

TheMrMitch

imported post

whichprotectsherbest.jpg

Gordie

imported post

This is too true.

It isn't a slam on cops either, they simply can't be everywhere all of the time, and who would want them to be anyway?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

So many times I have posed this simple little question. You may interject son or daughter at your whim.

In the final moments of your daughter's life, just before her killer is about to dispatch her to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather she had in her hand? A cell phone or a gun?

It's fun to watch people who do not like guns squirm when you throw this one out. Most of the time, they say something like this. "Well I'd rather neither one of them had a gun." Not only is that not an option, but wouldn't you rather your child have a gun against an attacker? (they are assuming the assailant has a gun).

It really is fun to pose this little question to anti's.

Sheriff

imported post

Sad as it may be..... not only does the cop have a long distance to travel, he will also "stage" until backup arrives.

So the image should also show how close the backup unit isn't. :shock: