Thread: Man protects women and Children in Magna from 2 pitbulls, with a hand gun.

Post imported post

I just heard some radio annoncements so I do not know the whole story, can some one fill me in?

A man see 2 pitbulls chasing after a Pregnant women and her 2 kids, gets the dogs to chase after him. He shoots both dogs. Was he open carry or was he concealed? Was he in his yard went into the house to get a gun?

Some one fill me in with details, thanks,

Post imported post

I don't know the story, but when I saw your avatar I though I had seen a ghost!

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/users/6722.html

Post imported post

Bennelli wrote:
    ... Some one fill me in with details, thanks,
    Here ya go bro:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5207...mp;autostart=y

Man shoots and kills 2 pit bulls January 1st, 2009 @ 9:30pm By Alex Cabrero Some of the video may be consider graphic.
    Two dogs were shot dead this afternoon. The shooter claimed they posed a threat to himself and another family.
    A pregnant mother and her two young boys said they were about to get bit by those two dogs. Now, the owner of the dogs is facing charges for letting them run free through a Magna neighborhood.
    Jeanna Peterson was giving her children a bath when she heard what turned out to be the end for two pit bulls. "He said he shot the first dog point blank between the eyes. The other dog he shot twice," Peterson said.
    Peterson said he told her the dogs were chasing a family as they were getting in their car, and he basically coaxed the dogs to go after him.
    When deputies from the Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office arrived, they talked to the man, heard his side of the story and decided not to charge him with anything. Instead, deputies believe he may have saved that family from getting attacked.
    Salt Lake County Deputy Debi Wilkinson said, "We concluded the investigation and determined he was justified due to the fact that he [the dog] posed a threat to innocent civilians."
    Peterson said she has seen one of the dogs roaming the neighborhood on several occasions. In fact, she claimed one time it came after her. She said, "It actually did chase me into my car once, and I had my two little kids with me. So yeah, that dog was a hazard dog."
    The bodies of both dogs were taken back to their owner. He is now charged with two counts of allowing his dogs to run loose and two counts of his dogs attacking.
    Wilkinson said, "If people feel threatened by any type of animal and it's running at large, they are justified in shooting. If they feel threatened, they're totally within their rights to protect themselves and innocent people."
    The family that claimed it was being attacked didn't want to talk to us, neither did the guy who pulled the trigger.
    We also tried to talk to the owners of the dogs, but they wouldn't comment either; however, someone claiming to be the dogs' owner posted a message on our Web site saying those dogs would never attack someone.

Post imported post

Great story this is a good change to see the guy with the gun did not get charged
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Post imported post

BOO

Post imported post

Back when I was in high school, I was leaving a friends house one night on my bike, not bothering a soul. A neighbors dog ran up to me and bit me. It wasn't a bad bite but the dog did bite me. I didn't provoke the dog in anyway. I was riding down the driveway and when I got to the end of the driveway the dog just ran over to me. Guess what the owner of the dog said? He tried to accuse me of bothering the dog in some way and said the dog wouldn't just bother someone without being provoked. I tell my kids....All dogs bite! Some are just nicer than others.

I'm glad that guy was there to help out that family.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Bennelli wrote:
    BOO
    If you are not nitrovic reincarnated, may I suggest another avatar - you're scaring the children.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

State Researcher

Post imported post

As reported over on the Deseret News (http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705274549,00.html) the shooter was probably not carrying earlier when the dogs chased him into his own home.

When he came out to go looking for them he was clearly armed.

Good outcome. But a good reminder that just because we are in our fronts yards (or even inside the home) doesn't mean we won't have need of our self-defense.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

When I was a delivery driver I was told many times by customers that their dog doesn't bite, I always asked if the dog had teeth....when they said yes I told them that the dog can bite!

I've been bitten/nipped and chased by all sorts of dogs/breeds.

Just goes to show that you'll never know when you might need to use your weapon, even in defense of others.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

Bennelli wrote:
    BOO
    Why "Boo"?

The poor pregnant gal was obviously in fear of imminent bodily harm and or injury to either her or her unborn baby.

You say "Boo", I say ,"Bravo!"

Post imported post

Somebody said mypicture lookslooked like a ghost, so I said BOO get it now?

Post imported post

He didn't say your avatar looked like a ghost, he said he thought he saw a ghost.

There is another member here called nitrovic who uses the same avatar.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Bennelli wrote:
    Somebody said mypicture lookslooked like a ghost, so I said BOO get it now?
    Gotcha!
    You should get familiar with the "Quote" button/feature to avoid little tiffs like that.

Post imported post

Good bye