• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms

bugly

imported post

Daily carry: Rock Island 1911A1 .45
Discreet carry: Beretta Tomcat .32 (only when I have to wear a tux or other formalwear, the .45 is a bit too bulky, even with my build in a suit.)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dailey carry?

Either a CZ82 9mm (9x18 Mak) 12+1 in a leather thumbbreak blet holster

OR

a SA USFA .45LC revolver with 5.5" barrel in a cross draw holster.

OC everyday, everywhere.

Jeffytune

imported post

Well over the years I carried a few different ones, a S&W 57 4 inch, and S&W 586 .357 6 inch but they all had there "Challenges" to keep hid.
But my main carry was a 1911A1 a friends Father (A retired Army Armory Sargent) helped me piece together from parts he had left over from his work.
Wile it was a good shooter, over the years I added a match barrel, a Wilson guide rod and extended adjustable trigger and a beavertail safety.
I also had the frame and slide nickel plated, all in all it is rock solid strait shooting .45 work horse.
I have total faith in this pistol, but of late, wile I have never has a accidental discharge, the thought of one and the fact there is no firing pin block got to to rethink my weapon of choose.

I now have a Taurus PT917C DT, 17+1 in the short mag, and 19+1 in the long in 9mm.
It has the DA/SA trigger, and it can be carried "Cocked and locked" or in condition 2 with the safety on.
the 4 inch barrel with the open slide based on the Beretta M9 has the finger groove front strap, a light mount under the lower frame and fits my had so well it's like an old friend.

0072.JPG

6181_27_02_09_6_06_33.jpg

Jeffytune

imported post

W5DVC wrote:
That gunleather is some beautiful work . Whose work is that ......if you don't mind me asking ?
Not at all, it is a local holster maker here in the Beaverton area.

http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.com/servlet/StoreFront

He and his wife are Hungarian imagines, really nice people. He met with me on a Saturday at his shop to measure my new pistol, he had it traced out by 10:30, and finished by 1 pm.
That is real Python skin, and Tennessee leather, all made by hand.

Legba

imported post

Work: large-frame 9mm - may have need of a lot of rounds.

Play: small/medium-frame .380 - more comfortable to carry, concealable if the need arises.

-ljp

compmanio365

imported post

Jeffytune wrote:
W5DVC wrote:
That gunleather is some beautiful work . Whose work is that ......if you don't mind me asking ?
Not at all, it is a local holster maker here in the Beaverton area.

http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.com/servlet/StoreFront

He and his wife are Hungarian imagines, really nice people. He met with me on a Saturday at his shop to measure my new pistol, he had it traced out by 10:30, and finished by 1 pm.
That is real Python skin, and Tennessee leather, all made by hand.
Lemme tell ya, after looking at that site, he has some of the most inexpensive, yet beautiful leather I've seen in a long time. I just may have to order a new holster or two.

ocgso

imported post

I like to mix it up, but typically I will CC or OC two guns. I have a IWB holster for both my Taurus PT111PRO (9mm) and my EAA 6 shot 357 Mag. I will carry either gun pretty regularly.

I still prefer the 357 Mag because there is no chance of jamming, but the pt111 has double the capacity. Both are accurate guns and I would trust either with my life.

On occasion I willOC the 454 casull (8 - 5/8" bbl), but it tends to draw a LOT of attention. :celebrate

The other two blend in a little better and I can throw a shirt over either if I need to.

I OC 99% of the time, but still prefer the smaller side arms for weight reasons and also I find that they don't snag on as much in my daily routine.

LeMat

imported post

I carried this for some time and it made a 5,000 mile road trip to Louisiana and back a couple of years ago.

I only carry a single extra mag. The others are for IDPA and defensive pistol matches.

SkiingFeb09014.jpg

LeMat

imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
I like that S&W LeMat, what model is it? Kinda' reminds me of the S&W 4006 I was thinking of buying. Found one for just a hair over $300.

It's a 5906 that I happened to find NIB locally a couple of years ago. I actually sold a 4006 to a friend of mine to pick this one up.

I really like the 3rd gen Smiths. They run, and run, and run...........

I've owned three (4506, 4006, and 5906) and have never had a failure of any kind - ever. They're a bit heavy, but I like the old standby "Comforting, not comfortable". ;)

LeMat

imported post

curtm1911 wrote:

AWWWWWWWWWW now, ain't that cute...........:celebrate:celebrate:celebrateBTW, this is Old School

Yep, it sure is.........

SkiingFeb09009.jpg

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Very true about the 3rd Gen S&W's LeMat. I used to have a very nice 1006 that I absolutely adored! I still don't know why, to this day, I ever got rid of it!! I used to carry it when I was doing armed security and I CC'd it too. It was way cool. I managed to buy the last of some 'Black Talon' ammo Snappy's had at the time. It was way cool!

I wish I still had it... *SNIFF* *SNIFF*

Jeffytune

imported post

I just got my new Hogue grips today.......Just can leave good enough alone.

0011.JPG

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I don't know, I kinda' like the looks of the pistol with those grips on it! Hogue makes some nice wood grips.

As far as leaving well-enough alone, I'm gonna be adding a set of CTC Laser Grips to my new M&P 45 and that's all the mods I'll be making! It's a way beautiful hangun already and I think the Laser Grips will add to the beauty of it!!

curtm1911

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
It's disgusting the way you people deface your firearms. :cuss:

Can't you leave "evil and menacing" well enough alone. :banghead:
No Never Never Never, and you won't either huh....................:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate