• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying with a kilt

RollTideXD

imported post

So I just received my Georgia Firearms License and have been carrying pretty frequently. Now then, since the weather has been pretty fair as of late, I want to wear my kilt more regularly. Does anyone have any experience with carrying with their kilt? I'm cross posting this to kilt forums, but thought I'd check here first. Thanks guys!

djstaehlin

Campaign Veteran

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I know that ScottyT carries his XD openly while wearing a kilt on a regular basis. However, winter in Utah is pretty cold, so his kilt may be tucked away right now. I have also seen Mr. Magnum carry his M&P openly while kilted.

richarcm

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Yeah, you know, what guys who carry swords and battle axes and brass flintlock pistols wear when they're daring you to call it a skirt.

You're not new here, but maybe you don't remember this thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=2871&forum_id=62&highlight=Scots+Irish+Carry
Clearly I missed it. I have nothing against men who want to wear any form of alternative clothing. haha....I thought maybe it was code for something I was not familiar with. Apparently it is what I thought it may be.... :uhoh:

However it does remind me of the episode of Orange County Choppers where they went to Scotland and rode around on mopeds in their......."kilts". Funny episode. :D

Decoligny

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I know that ScottyT carries his XD openly while wearing a kilt on a regular basis. However, winter in Utah is pretty cold, so his kilt may be tucked away right now. I have also seen Mr. Magnum carry his M&P openly while kilted.
If his kilt isn't tucked away, I can pretty much guarantee that certain bits of his anatomy will be tucked away due to thecold. :shock:

Mainsail

imported post

Here I am hiking in my utilikilt:

d6786285-cf51-412e-8285-678b91eb1e60.jpg