Thread: Had a positive LEO encounter today

Post imported post

Sadly, I wasn't OCing at the moment.

I was walking my 10 week old GSD around our apt complex in McLean and in one of the ground level apt's there was a break in. There were about 4 FFX Police outside of it and a K9 Unit working around.

I chatted with the K9 Officer a bit after he put his K9 back in the SUV. My dog got to meet 2 police and a K9, good steps to dog socialization! I talked with the K9 Officer about working dogs (which mine is) and his Sable color GSD - good talk!

I know it isn't really OC related (I was carrying) - but since we all hate cops so much (tongue in cheek) I figured I'd share a positive story!

My little girl:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Great picture!!!

Post imported post

She's adorable! I would say that OCing a GSD during an LEO interaction counts as on topic!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

The story would be enhanced if it didn't include dog people vernacular. Whats GSD- Gun Shot Dog? Gun Shy Dog? German Shepard Dog?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    The story would be enhanced if it didn't include dog people vernacular. Whats GSD- Gun Shot Dog? Gun Shy Dog? German Shepard Dog?
    Thanks for asking this question! Glad I'm not the only one who is dog illiterate!

I was guessing German Sheperd Dog... but who knows.

TFred

Banned

Post imported post

cool. your dog is cute

Post imported post

mrbiggles wrote:
    cool. your dog is cute
    I hate to be one of those people, but,

"+1"

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    LOL sorry! You got it, German Shepherd (I never understood why they call them "german shepherd dog" - pretty obvious it is a dog!)

Post imported post

mrbiggles wrote:
    cool. your dog is cute
    thanks!

She is a LOT of work, even for 10 weeks, she is a high drive working dog. she needs more attention than my girlfriend :-x

Post imported post

That dog is very cute & adorable.

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    LOL sorry! You got it, German Shepherd (I never understood why they call them "german shepherd dog" - pretty obvious it is a dog!)
    it is simple German Shepherds are the only dogs the rest are just different forms of mongrels. tongue planted firmly in cheek from the proud owner of a solid black GSD.

Post imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    it is simple German Shepherds are the only dogs the rest are just different forms of mongrels. tongue planted firmly in cheek from the proud owner of a solid black GSD.
    No tongue in cheek needed for the truth

:P

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Beautiful dog. I love German Shepards. I had a female that was maybe 75% Shepard and 25% of something else of which we're not sure. She was a great dog.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Beautiful dog. I love German Shepards. I had a female that was maybe 75% Shepard and 25% of something else of which we're not sure. She was a great dog.
    She has TONS of energy. She is my first Shepherd (I've had dumb labs my whole life)

She tests my patience, but I love her to death.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    hsmith wrote:
    My little girl: She is a LOT of work, even for 10 weeks, she is a high drive working dog. she needs more attention than my girlfriend
    I want your puppy. Please.

I have a very large fenced in back yard for her romp in and play with my other dogs. She would enjoy it much better than apartment life. I'll even drive up to pick her up.
    Wouldn't trade her for the world :-p

She can go really play next week (will have all her shots finally) - I can't WAIT. She wants to RUN so bad and play with other dogs SO bad!

Post imported post

Police came by canvasing the neighborhood today, I talked to an investigator, apparently it wasn't just a break in - a young Hispanic male forced his way into a young 24yo girls apt to try and sexually assault her.

Needless to say, we will probably be going to get my g/f a handgun this week (even though she has access to mine while I am at work)

They'd need a body bag if he came into our apt, she loves to shoot

EDIT:

And my gf wonders why i get upset with her when we come back at night from out doing something. She piddles around in her car for 2 minutes getting all her "stuff" ready - I've explained all this does is make you a bigger TARGET for those who have malintent. you should have your house/apt key ready to go as soon as you pull into your parking place.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    VAopencarry wrote:
    Thanks for asking this question! Glad I'm not the only one who is dog illiterate!

I was guessing German Sheperd Dog... but who knows.

TFred
    I just knew you two were cat people.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Whats the hardest part about a guy owning a cat?

Telling your parents you are gay

i kid i kid!

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:

EDIT:

And my gf wonders why i get upset with her when we come back at night from out doing something. She piddles around in her car for 2 minutes getting all her "stuff" ready - I've explained all this does is make you a bigger TARGET for those who have malintent. you should have your house/apt key ready to go as soon as you pull into your parking place.
    i HATE it when my gf or my sister does this. i'm standing there with crap in my hands and they're still in the car messing with crap. all i want to do is get in the house and lock my car door, but they're fiddling with stuff for what seems like hours.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:
    Whats the hardest part about a guy owning a cat?

Telling your parents you are gay

i kid i kid!
    Have to tell ya'. The best animal I have ever had was.. my last cat. Hobo was a short hair domestic grey tabby; an outdoor cat. He was amazing. He died in 1995 and I still, to this day, carry a picture of him in my briefcase every day. Truly a one-of-a-kind, I miss him trememdously.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

That is an adorable pup! I'm sure she'll have you fully trained in no time - GSD's are smart buggers.

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Have to tell ya'. The best animal I have ever had was.. my last cat. Hobo was a short hair domestic grey tabby; an outdoor cat. He was amazing. He died in 1995 and I still, to this day, carry a picture of him in my briefcase every day. Truly a one-of-a-kind, I miss him trememdously.
    I completely understand. I am a cat-person, myself, but I like dogs, too. I had cats growing up - no one ever explained to them that they were cats. They thought they were small people in fur coats. Such personality...

Post imported post

Here is the attack:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/H...1.1&sflg=1
    The hunt is on in Fairfax County for the man who attacked a woman in her apartment in broad daylight.

It happened Monday afternoon not far from Tysons Corner on Dartford Drive in McLean.

Police say the suspect broke through a window and entered the apartment of a 24-year-old woman who was sleeping in her bed. She was startled awake when the man began pulling at her.

Officer Shelley Broderick of the Fairfax County Police says the victim fought off her attacker and screamed, causing the man to run off. The woman was not seriously hurt.

Police say the victim was able to get a good enough look at the suspect to help investigators put together a sketch. The man appears to be Latino, in his 20s, and stands about 5 feet, 6 inches tall. The last time he was seen, he was wearing a black and white striped jacket and jeans.

Police say during the attack the man did not show a weapon, but the brazen nature of this daylight break in has many who live in this neighborhood on edge.

Police say the man ran out the front door of the apartment.

They're hoping someone recognizes the man from the sketch so they can get him off the street.
    GF wants to start open carrying (doesn't have her CHP) - so I think we will be making a trip to the gun store today. She has freaked since she walks my dog at lunch at the same time every day, she is worried someone could figure out her schedule