• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a positive LEO encounter today

tsannicolas

imported post

hsmith wrote:
EDIT:

And my gf wonders why i get upset with her when we come back at night from out doing something. She piddles around in her car for 2 minutes getting all her "stuff" ready - I've explained all this does is make you a bigger TARGET for those who have malintent. you should have your house/apt key ready to go as soon as you pull into your parking place.
i HATE it when my gf or my sister does this. i'm standing there with crap in my hands and they're still in the car messing with crap. all i want to do is get in the house and lock my car door, but they're fiddling with stuff for what seems like hours.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

hsmith wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
I just knew you two were cat people.:banghead:
Whats the hardest part about a guy owning a cat?

Telling your parents you are gay

i kid i kid!

Have to tell ya'. The best animal I have ever had was.. my last cat. Hobo was a short hair domestic grey tabby; an outdoor cat. He was amazing. He died in 1995 and I still, to this day, carry a picture of him in my briefcase every day. Truly a one-of-a-kind, I miss him trememdously.

Riana

imported post

That is an adorable pup! I'm sure she'll have you fully trained in no time - GSD's are smart buggers.

SouthernBoy wrote:
Have to tell ya'. The best animal I have ever had was.. my last cat. Hobo was a short hair domestic grey tabby; an outdoor cat. He was amazing. He died in 1995 and I still, to this day, carry a picture of him in my briefcase every day. Truly a one-of-a-kind, I miss him trememdously.
I completely understand. I am a cat-person, myself, but I like dogs, too. I had cats growing up - no one ever explained to them that they were cats. They thought they were small people in fur coats. Such personality...

hsmith

imported post

Here is the attack:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=6754D3D132E91447F6B87D2DC5B06916?contentId=8204698&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
The hunt is on in Fairfax County for the man who attacked a woman in her apartment in broad daylight.

It happened Monday afternoon not far from Tysons Corner on Dartford Drive in McLean.

Police say the suspect broke through a window and entered the apartment of a 24-year-old woman who was sleeping in her bed. She was startled awake when the man began pulling at her.

Officer Shelley Broderick of the Fairfax County Police says the victim fought off her attacker and screamed, causing the man to run off. The woman was not seriously hurt.

Police say the victim was able to get a good enough look at the suspect to help investigators put together a sketch. The man appears to be Latino, in his 20s, and stands about 5 feet, 6 inches tall. The last time he was seen, he was wearing a black and white striped jacket and jeans.

Police say during the attack the man did not show a weapon, but the brazen nature of this daylight break in has many who live in this neighborhood on edge.

Police say the man ran out the front door of the apartment.

They're hoping someone recognizes the man from the sketch so they can get him off the street.

GF wants to start open carrying (doesn't have her CHP) - so I think we will be making a trip to the gun store today. She has freaked since she walks my dog at lunch at the same time every day, she is worried someone could figure out her schedule