• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a positive LEO encounter today

hsmith

imported post

Sadly, I wasn't OCing at the moment.

I was walking my 10 week old GSD around our apt complex in McLean and in one of the ground level apt's there was a break in. There were about 4 FFX Police outside of it and a K9 Unit working around.

I chatted with the K9 Officer a bit after he put his K9 back in the SUV. My dog got to meet 2 police and a K9, good steps to dog socialization! I talked with the K9 Officer about working dogs (which mine is) and his Sable color GSD - good talk!

I know it isn't really OC related (I was carrying) - but since we all hate cops so much (tongue in cheek) I figured I'd share a positive story!

My little girl:
vj08w.jpg

VAopencarry

imported post

The story would be enhanced if it didn't include dog people vernacular. Whats GSD- Gun Shot Dog? Gun Shy Dog? German Shepard Dog?

TFred

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
The story would be enhanced if it didn't include dog people vernacular. Whats GSD- Gun Shot Dog? Gun Shy Dog? German Shepard Dog?
Thanks for asking this question! Glad I'm not the only one who is dog illiterate! :)

I was guessing German Sheperd Dog... but who knows.

TFred

hsmith

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
LOL sorry! You got it, German Shepherd (I never understood why they call them "german shepherd dog" - pretty obvious it is a dog!)

hsmith

imported post

mrbiggles wrote:
cool. your dog is cute
thanks!

She is a LOT of work, even for 10 weeks, she is a high drive working dog. she needs more attention than my girlfriend :-x

67GT390FB

imported post

hsmith wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
LOL sorry! You got it, German Shepherd (I never understood why they call them "german shepherd dog" - pretty obvious it is a dog!)

it is simple German Shepherds are the only dogs the rest are just different forms of mongrels. tongue planted firmly in cheek from the proud owner of a solid black GSD.

hsmith

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
hsmith wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:

it is simple German Shepherds are the only dogs the rest are just different forms of mongrels. tongue planted firmly in cheek from the proud owner of a solid black GSD.

No tongue in cheek needed for the truth

:p

Sheriff

imported post

hsmith wrote:
My little girl: She is a LOT of work, even for 10 weeks, she is a high drive working dog. she needs more attention than my girlfriend
vj08w.jpg

I want your puppy. Please.

I have a very large fenced in back yard for her romp in and play with my other dogs. She would enjoy it much better than apartment life. I'll even drive up to pick her up. :)

hsmith

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Beautiful dog. I love German Shepards. I had a female that was maybe 75% Shepard and 25% of something else of which we're not sure. She was a great dog.
She has TONS of energy. She is my first Shepherd (I've had dumb labs my whole life)

She tests my patience, but I love her to death.

hsmith

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
hsmith wrote:
My little girl: She is a LOT of work, even for 10 weeks, she is a high drive working dog. she needs more attention than my girlfriend
vj08w.jpg

I want your puppy. Please.

I have a very large fenced in back yard for her romp in and play with my other dogs. She would enjoy it much better than apartment life. I'll even drive up to pick her up. :)
Wouldn't trade her for the world :p

She can go really play next week (will have all her shots finally) - I can't WAIT. She wants to RUN so bad and play with other dogs SO bad!

hsmith

imported post

Police came by canvasing the neighborhood today, I talked to an investigator, apparently it wasn't just a break in - a young Hispanic male forced his way into a young 24yo girls apt to try and sexually assault her.

Needless to say, we will probably be going to get my g/f a handgun this week (even though she has access to mine while I am at work)

They'd need a body bag if he came into our apt, she loves to shoot :lol:

EDIT:

And my gf wonders why i get upset with her when we come back at night from out doing something. She piddles around in her car for 2 minutes getting all her "stuff" ready - I've explained all this does is make you a bigger TARGET for those who have malintent. you should have your house/apt key ready to go as soon as you pull into your parking place.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TFred wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
Thanks for asking this question! Glad I'm not the only one who is dog illiterate! :)

I was guessing German Sheperd Dog... but who knows.

TFred
I just knew you two were cat people.:banghead: