• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy - newbie in Grand Rapids..

SQLtables

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
I love that movie.

BTW, I tend to try to get away with wearing a sweatshirt to OC in the winter and just tuck it behind my holster. My winter coat tucked behind doesn't look that great, not that I really care how I look, but still...

mymonie

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
...and here I thought I might just be on a snipe hunt. Thanks for registering, guns4me, and welcome to OCDO.

At our lunch meeting this past Monday, the OCers all chose to wear jacketstucked behind our holsters (No! We didn't call each other to talk about what we were planning to wear...that's for girls, dontcha know). ;)

With a CPL, you could either casually OC, letting it show only when you take off a long coat, wear a short jacket, wear a drop-leg holster, or anything else legal. When I first contemplated winter OC, I could only think of Dudley Do-Right-style,an over-the-coat belt and holster.

Now that we know you're out there, we can possibly plan another informal get-together. I would love to meet and talk about guns and open carry.
Thank you, i definitely would like to go to the next OC event.

quarter horseman

imported post

MrEarp wrote:
Definetly.. I've been reading the forum for awhile now and just decided to join tonight.I notice a lot of local people posting so I figure this would be a good chance at least to meet some other gunenthusiastsin the area. :)

You should check this out http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/20424.html

Its a great chance to get your feet wet.