• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Military OC in Utah

sempercarry

imported post

I have been looking at some states laws regarding open and concealed carry for military, I was wondering what utahs laws are....if we are givin special privilages for being military.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
I have been looking at some states laws regarding open and concealed carry for military, I was wondering what utahs laws are....if we are givin special privilages for being military.
Other than your Utah driver license remaining valid for some period after you are discharged, regardless of the expiration date on the driver license, and the possibility to MAYBE claim residence in more than one State (useful for buying handguns) I am not aware of Utah law giving any special consideration to members of the military when it comes to guns, or carrying...unless you are an MP or other federal police officer who happens to be in the military.

But the legal rights afforded ALL citizens are probably better than the special benefits afforded to the military in other jurisdictions.

Open carry without a permit is generally legal as long as the chamber is empty.

Permits are issued to residents and non-residents on equal basis and allow CC or fully loaded OC with fewer off limits locations than you are likely to find most anywhere else.

All the best.

Charles

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

FBMG offers free concealed firearm permit classes to members of the military. :p

Utah does not have any firearm laws that differ for military members.