Thread: The most LOC friendly state

Post imported post

Apologize if this has been asked before. So I'm just wondering since I'm new to this, what is the most LOC (edited to add: Loaded Open Carry) friendly state in the lower 48 states. I am quite sure that AK is very friendly, and I might be traveling there someday, but I'm more likely to do more travels in the lower 48 states.

Erik.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Please, what is "LOC" to you?

To paramedics it may be Loss Of Consciousness. If it is to you Legal Open Carry then the 'L' is at least a distraction, OC will be legal in a friendly state.

A question about LOC has not been asked before. Search is your friend.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA *******

Post imported post

Ifby LOC you mean licensed open carry, then I submit that Utah is the friendliest! :celebrate

...but I am biased. :?
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Does one qualify for UOC by carrying a paperweight?

In town I wear an empty holster.

Post imported post

Kentucky, of course. Maybe followed by Oklahoma. Yes to Alaska and Vermont.

*Firearms Ownership:unrestricted, no permit or license required

*Assault weapon ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required

*Machine Gun Ownership:
    no state restrictions, compliance with federal law only

*Firearm law uniformity:
    preemption law, firearm laws uniform throughout state

*Right of Self-Defense: castle doctrine, right protected by statute

*Open carry: unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted

*Concealed carry:
    licenses granted to residents on a "shall issue" basis; automatic
    reciprocity for nonresidents with licenses from other states

*Vehicle carry and transportation:
    firearms (rifles, shotguns and handguns) may
    be carried
    loaded and in plain view; loaded handguns maybe carried in
    the glove compartment (center console box carry is not allowed)

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Does one qualify for UOC by carrying a paperweight?

In town I wear an empty holster.
    No, one qualifies for UOC by living in California. It is currently the only legal method of Open Carry for most of California.

Post imported post

Arizona! Anyone not otherwise restricted may open carry (loaded) resident or not.

Post imported post

Ahem! Same in VA!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Probably Virginia or Kentucky.

I've lived in Arizona and while Arizonans think they have great gun laws they can't carry loaded firearms in cars on school property (even with a CCW), in any place that serves alcohol (beer and wine included), municipal parks if restricted to CCW permittees only, any municipal or government owned building if a sign has been put up AND a weapon lock-up is provided and they have to deal with the varying regulations of the Indian lands that are splattered all over (although no fault to the state government for that).

The verdict on Virginia and Kentucky would change as soon as you throw in licensed open carry and then Utah would win hands down (if I recall Utah laws correctly).

Post imported post

If you have a license, Michigan is really nice, because the you can open carry in "gun free zones". Otherwise, it's a pain in the ass.

AZ laws have their problems, but the advantage is that cops there have a strong tendency to not care, and simply respect that good people should carry guns where and when they want to. Good cops are at least half of the equation to OC friendliness.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

WA is Shall Issue CPLstate, and an Open Carry State. You may be loaded and one in the pipe for both.In vehicle OC you must have CPL to be loaded or to leave loaded gun in vehicle. In a nut shell...More above...

Forgot, no CPL or anything else required to OC, as long as you legallypurchase/possessafirearm under state and federal law.

I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Colorado!

We're a very OC friendly state (not counting Denver ) and no permit required to carry in your vehicle, open or concealed. Nor do we have hardly any other restrictions where one may carry.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

Arizona is nice, with the exceptions stated above. It's kind of hot/cold here. People don't care, cops don't care, etc. if you are OCing, but the written law is a bit stricter than some states.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    Kentucky, of course. Maybe followed by Oklahoma. Yes to Alaska and Vermont.

Negative on Oklahoma.. They specifically don't allow the open carriage of firearms..

http://opencarry.org/ok.html
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Flintlock.....Thanks....was referring to Brady report card and kinda missed that one.

Post imported post

Guys, you're all wrong.

Vermont beats the snot out of everybody. :P

Post imported post

I don't go on school grounds... seldom in gummin't faclities... Only place I can't remain heeled is in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol. I buy beer in grocery stores heeled tho. Other than that...I strap that gunbelt on 'n go anywhere... everyday.

Post imported post

Nevada is pretty good, although Clark Co. (Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson) can be troublesome. The rest of the state is great, open carry andloaded carry in a car (as long as not concealed on person) are both legal without a permit. CCW is shall issue and allows the carrier to conceal on their person while in a vehicle.

Post imported post

The main thing 'bout Arizona... 'Hardly ever hear 'bout somebody gettin' jacked by the LEO's for OC... anywhere. Yeah... PA, VA, KY 'n elsewhere have recognized OC... but still... people get arrested by the fuzz for nothin' other than 'carrying'. PA and VA especially. Are the localLEO's that stupid or just hard headed?

I've read 'bout people gettin' jacked by the local Popo'sin New Mexico... Albakerkilackyin particular. Dunno 'bout Santa Fe now with all the teabags that've moved in... I OC in Las Cruces. 'n on the border... but rarely go north of there.

Post imported post

In my opinion, you could make astrong argument for any of these states out of the lower 48...

Montana, Virginia, Vermont, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming, and possiblyArizona. I favor Montana and the Dakotas for open carry,but overall, I am biased about my state of Alaska.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    The main thing 'bout Arizona... 'Hardly ever hear 'bout somebody gettin' jacked by the LEO's for OC... anywhere. Yeah... PA, VA, KY 'n elsewhere have recognized OC... but still... people get arrested by the fuzz for nothin' other than 'carrying'. PA and VA especially. Are the localLEO's that stupid or just hard headed?

I've read 'bout people gettin' jacked by the local Popo'sin New Mexico... Albakerkilackyin particular. Dunno 'bout Santa Fe now with all the teabags that've moved in... I OC in Las Cruces. 'n on the border... but rarely go north of there.

Yep. Not once have i had a negative encounter with LEOs, all of them love how we can carry. only time iv had a problem is pawn shops, they make you unload it before entering. like that does anything at all when you have a mag in your back pocket:quirky