• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North Dakota rated "F" by the Brady Campaign

hsmith

Gordie

imported post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:celebrate This has got to be one of the greatest compliments a state can receive. We should all be so lucky.

r6-rider

imported post

SHOOT FIRST
Is deadly force allowed to be a first resort in public?Yes

no way?!?! ND kicks ass, what other state does this?

Pol Mordreth

imported post

Tennessee is the same way. But, that doesn't mean what Brady wants you to think it means. All that means is that you do not have to run away and be cornered before you can shoot. All you have to be is in "reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm" and you may shoot. I think AZ is the same way.

We are tied for 35th on this list, but the only difference I could see is that the state of TN requires dealers to maintain original sales records, and LE may compare them to inventory and delivery records without a warrant.

Respectfully,

Pol

Flintlock

imported post

My state is tied with North Dakota but I find it interesting that open carry is not specifically mentioned. Oklahoma received the best pro-gun rating from the Brady'sbut that state doesn't even allow open carry.

GWbiker

imported post

Hey! Don't forget Arizona scored a 6 which puts us high on the Brady Bunch $hit list.:celebrate

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We've been trying for years to get the coveted "F rating" from the Brady morons, but we just don't seem to have what it takes here in VA. I'm told it has to do with the fact that we still have the one-gun-a-month law, which earns brownie points with the Bradyites. Oh, well.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
We've been trying for years to get the coveted "F rating" from the Brady morons, but we just don't seem to have what it takes here in VA. I'm told it has to do with the fact that we still have the one-gun-a-month law, which earns brownie points with the Bradyites. Oh, well.
4 generations ago some of my ancestors were in North Dakota. Now I am wondering why they left.:banghead:

Flintlock

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
so whos the "worst" state?

According to them, it is Oklahoma. But like I previously mentioned, that state doesn't even allow open carry,with or without a permit.I thought that was interesting.

Edit: Spelling

rodbender

imported post

Texas scored 9. That's OK, we'll fix that as soon as the parking lot law and CC on campus get passed. That will bring us down to 5.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:celebrate MO proudly tying at 44 with 4 points!! Our score has lowered since we passed the dreaded castle doctrine and eliminated the requirement for permission to purchase a firearm from the local sheriff. If only we could get OC pre-emption passed.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well I see Washington tied with Oregon and Virginia for #14. I love how the prattle how a person can buy an "assault weapon" as easily as a hunting rifle, or the evils of high capacity mags.... Dang it, I'm gonna stick my finger down my throat and puke after reading that site.