Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy, 4, shoots babysitter for stepping on foot

Post imported post

The boy was OC the shotgun. I know I shouldn't but I can't help but chuckle at this. it could have been tragic but thank goodness it wasn't.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28512318/

JACKSON, Ohio - Police say a 4-year-old boy in southern Ohio shot his babysitter because the sitter accidentally stepped on his foot. Police said 18-year-old Nathan Beavers and several other teenagers were babysitting several young children in a mobile home in Jackson on Sunday when the shooting occurred.

Witnesses told police the 4-year-old retrieved the shotgun from a bedroom closet and shot Beavers. Police said the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot.

Beavers was hospitalized with minor pellet wounds to his arm and side.

Police say another teen was also injured with shotgun pellets.
    Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen said authorities are investigating the shooting. The child has not been charged.

Post imported post

wow... i hope the parents get child endangerment and pay for the guys medical bills at least.

it is kinda funny but damn, i wouldnt expect a 4 year old to be coming out cocked and ready for stepping on his foot lol

Post imported post

Wow...at 4 my dad had the ammo put away. We could look at the guns all we wanted, but didn't know where the ammo was until we had completed hunters education.

Post imported post

at 4 the guns and ammo were put away, well, during hunting season, usually just the ammo got locked up, but gosh-ding it, I was way too scared to even think of touching one of dads guns, he'd have killed me(figuratively speaking of course)

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Parenting matters. It matters a lot.

EDIT: To make a tiny correction for Citizen:shock:
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Parentage matters. It matters a lot.
    Parentage or parenting?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

"Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

If I had handled my dad's firearms without permission/supervision, my dad would still be tannin' my hide 43 years later. My kids are going to the range with me tomorrow. Kids have to know what theymay and may not do.

Shootin' the babysitter definitely falls in the "may not do" category.

Centurion

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hawkflyer wrote:
    Parentage matters. It matters a lot.
    Parentage or parenting?
    Both can have an impact!

JoeSparky
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Parenting matters. It matters a lot.

EDIT: To make a tiny correction for Citizen:shock:
    Parenting, isn't that something the government does now?

Isn't there a bureau for that?

Post imported post

I think it's a bogus story!! I suspect the teenagers were dicking around with the gun irresponsibly, and had an accident and laid the blame on the kid, and are damn lucky no one got killed.. I know for a fact my 4 yr. old granddaughter couldn't muster control of a shotgun, and most likely would have no idea how to make it function, or even know where a safety is let alone be able to actuate it.. These kids in my opinion figured "( no one is gonna believe a 4 yr. old, lets blame it on the kid)"

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    I think it's a bogus story!! I suspect the teenagers were dicking around with the gun irresponsibly, and had an accident and laid the blame on the kid, and are damn lucky no one got killed.. I know for a fact my 4 yr. old granddaughter couldn't muster control of a shotgun, and most likely would have no idea how to make it function, or even know where a safety is let alone be able to actuate it.. These kids in my opinion figured "( no one is gonna believe a 4 yr. old, lets blame it on the kid)"
    It is quite amazing to me how some people on this board are so ready to call anyone a liar just because something unusual happens. Maybe your 4 year old grand-daughter couldn't handle one but I know plenty that can and do.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/loc...4.html?sid=101

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

cccook wrote:
    SNIP Shootin' the babysitter definitely falls in the "may not do" category.
    Even Calvin never went that far.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Even Calvin never went that far.
    Calvin did shoot darts at his baby sitter once, though.

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    I am not certain I would leap to this conclusion. The article did not say this was a 2 gauge punt gun. In fact a person could assume this was a reasonably close range incident, and the nature of the injuries as described imply bird shot, and possibly even a 410 gauge. There are a lot of 410 style shotguns, particularly youth guns, that a child could handle very easily.

But as I said before Parenting(age:P) is at the bottom of this no matter WHO pulled the trigger.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This case should serve as a wake up call to all of us who have either firearms or children in our lives. Stuff happens. Be prepared for the improbable.

I'm glad this little mishap did not end tragically.

Post imported post

cccook wrote:
    ...SNIP
    The fat lady is just clearing her throat. Lets see what happens next.

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    cccook wrote:
    ...SNIP
    The fat lady is just clearing her throat. Lets see what happens next.
    you know it. by 5 this kids going to be the next columbine shooter bustin a cap in those 1st graders asses who dont 'respect his authoritay'

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Good lesson for all of here. (Humorous sarcasm intended.)

Watch on whose toes you step or maybe don't step on the toes of others. Being polite and courteous is what we do isn't it?

Have to wonder if the baby sitter could have defused it before anything happened with an apology and a hug.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Thank Heaven the kid didn't have a Luger, he might have shot all those present; based upon what I've seen, it's a caseof .'monkey see, monkey do'.

I agree, the kid needs major therapy; Jeffrey Dahmer's Dad allegedly influenced his son's conduct, wih Mayberry-style correction. We all know how that matter concluded.

As to the parents, they could have gotten a $10 surplus high school locker; with a $1.00 DG padlock. it would make a poor man's gun safe. They should lose custody of that kid, no excuses.

Post imported post

Mini14 wrote:
    Thank Heaven the kid didn't have a Luger, he might have shot all those present; based upon what I've seen, it's a caseof .'monkey see, monkey do'.

I agree, the kids needs major therapy; Jeffrey Dahmer's Dad allegedly influeced his son's conduct, wih Mayberry-style correction. We all know how that matter concluded.

As to the parents, they could have gotten a $10 surplus high school locker; with a $1.00 DG padlock. it would make a poor man's gun safe. They should lose custody of that kid, no excuses.

YEP, Mayberry type upbringing was just a fantasy, but then again Opie 's mishaps were just a tad bit under scale for some of the stunts I and fellas i grew up with pulled so they may have fit the story line.

I just find it really unbelievable that a 4 yr. old could manifest the type of anger that would initiate the mechanics and sequence of this type of retaliation..

-someone stepped on my foot

-gosh darn that really hurt

-no one apologized

-now everyones laughing

-my only other option is to go to the closet where I know the loaded shotgun is kept and retrieve it when no ones watching.

-operate the necessary functions to enable it to fire, and teach these folks a lesson.

-(GO AHEAD PUNK, MAKE MY DAY !!)

I still don't buy the story..

Post imported post

Not the same but related as both involved are four year olds. :what:

Parents Fight Over Which Gang Toddler Should Join
    Police: Mother A Crip, Father A Westside Baller

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...07/detail.html

Post imported post

I think much too much importance is placed on getting one's child into a good gang when they are still infants.

Post imported post

BTW that was sarcasm directed at the parents.

Post imported post

Think of the stress and pressure it puts on the poor child.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast