• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

which is better?

eyesopened

imported post

If you like 1911s but maybe want more reliability or greater capacity, and/or a rail take a look at the XD45. My XD has been more reliable than my Kimber (It was used, so I've yet to replace the springs, and I just recently bought some new mags to see if it'll fix the occasional feed issue). XD has the same grip angle and feel/thickness of a 1911, but has higher capacity. I have the Compact version and with the shorter mag it is 10+1 and then I carry a 13 round mag as well. With the 10rd mag it's easier to conceal and the 13rd brings it to the "full size" feel. They can be had with a 4" or 5" barrel. Just something else to think about.

Spectre

imported post

Another point to consider is the Para Ordinance LDA Compact. Its got a lighter double action, its 1911 which you say you were liking, and its smaller and compact, and it's still a .45

Or even one of SIG's GSR Revolutions in the Carry or Compact Format.

r6-rider

imported post

well i found someone to do a straight trade, their p220 for my mil spec. whos getting the better deal here? both are equal on wear and tear, 220 has a few more rounds down it though (around 500)