• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ocean Shores

jddssc121

imported post

Just got off the phone with their police department. They were not aware their city code (City Code - 9.01.080 ) conflicted with state law. they will be contacting the city attorney and council to get this rectified.

They were very polite and professional, and apologized for the mistake.

Vandal

imported post

Between this and the City of Aberdeen results, it looks like all of the research, polite, and sometimes very blunt, activism and the general spreading of information is actually getting some good things accomplished. To those who are much more active than I am (Idaho Resident) I would like to thank you for the work you are putting in to make WA a more gun friendly state. From GI Joe, knowledge is power!

jddssc121

imported post

Vandal wrote:
Between this and the City of Aberdeen results, it looks like all of the research, polite, and sometimes very blunt, activism and the general spreading of information is actually getting some good things accomplished. To those who are much more active than I am (Idaho Resident) I would like to thank you for the work you are putting in to make WA a more gun friendly state. From GI Joe, knowledge is power!

I'm reading codes city by city :). I've got tons more emails and voicemails out there that i am waiting back on....

sempercarry

imported post

jddssc121 wrote:
I'm reading codes city by city :). I've got tons more emails and voicemails out there that i am waiting back on....
I wish I had the time outside the Corps. Thanx for your effort

joeroket

imported post

The thing that makes Genes spreadsheet a little better is that you do not have to wade through all of the city codes. The search function at MSRC is good but it can produce results that are not applicable. Either one is a good tool but the spreadsheet is better used as a quick reference.