• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Banks

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just read an article about crime in the Northwest section of todays Seattle Times. It seems only 12 percent of bank robberies in Washington State over the past two years involved a firearm. That means 88 percent of bank robberies did not involve a firearm of any kind. This leaves me with two questions. 1. What was used to facilitate that 88 percent of robberies? 2. Since 88 percent of these robbers were unarmed wouldn't patrons open carrying a firearm be a deterrent?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Banks give over the money when a demand is made in order to prevent any violence.

And OC in a bank would be as much of a crime deterrent as anywhere else I would imagine.

DEROS72

imported post

OC in my Us Bank always.I think by now they would wonder whats up if I wasn't carrying.

Derka

imported post

I OC in my US Bank all the time. I've never gotten even questions about it. I've also OC'd at Washington Mutual without incident.

DEROS72

imported post

My daughter is the wamu branch manager at the Enumclaw branch.She is ok also.She liked the new Bersa .380 I got for her b-day last month.

Cougar125

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
My daughter is the wamu branch manager at the Enumclaw branch.She is ok also.She liked the new Bersa .380 I got for her b-day last month.
That was a sweet little pistol you got her. I do have a question though, seeing as how I'm considering the purchase of one. How is the recoil?

Richard6218

imported post

Last summer I posted a lengthy report on a dialogue I had with Key Bank in the thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630-9.html

I was challenged by local management, I challenged back using RCW and other legal supporting arguments, and in the end won the case. The bank had been claiming that they were exempt from carry laws but after I pointed out that they are not exempt in the manner of schools, courts, etc., their security manager relented and stated that they will follow state law. The whole discussion is on page 9 of the thread, and previous.

DEROS72

imported post

Cougar125 wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
That was a sweet little pistol you got her. I do have a question though, seeing as how I'm considering the purchase of one. How is the recoil?
Recoil very mild. excellent groups at 15 yard.I liked it so much I got myself one.My steel framedTanfaglio witness.45 gets a little heavy to carry in certain situations.Here is a pic of the one I got for her.$244 new in the box spare mag. a box of ammo .Best price was at Federalway discount guns.

DEROS72

imported post

Heres a pic of the Bersa thunder.380 I got for me.I also carry as a back up at times.

Cougar125

imported post

Yeah...thats a nice little gun. I liked the mag "pouch" too. ;) Thanks for the info on the recoil. I'm gonna see if I can find one to shoot before I go out and buy one.