• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed/Open Carry at an amusement park?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
Georgia is a reciprocal state for NC CCH permit holders.

But what is the policy at Six Flags and other amusement parks?

http://www.georgiapacking.org/gflnol.php

According to the GP.org website linked above, the Six Flags in Austell, GA has a no firearms policy and signs to match, however they will store your firearm (and presumably take responsibility for said firearm) until you leave. The site also mentions that you'd only be breaking the law if you refused to leave when asked. Apparently GA laws do not make a permit invalid in places where a sign is posted.

It also appears, though, that any place considered a "public gathering" is off limits. I don't know if Six Flags would be considered such. Browse through that entire website before you head out there. It seems they're a little worse off than we are with off limits places and such.

ga_repoman

imported post

six flag falls under private property
and security will not allow firearms to be carried into the park
I have personally disarmed an FBI agent ccing off duty
in a fanny pack

There is not loophole they simple will not allow it
BTW there are metal detecters at the park enterance and when I workrd there
we also used the hand wand things

hope this helps
hit me if you have any more questions I worked in security at that very park several years ago

NCHornet

imported post

Every amusement park I have ever been to doesn't allow allow CC or OC, however many of us have CC at Disneyworld. After 9/11 many will scan you with a metal detector, I know they do this at Carrowinds!!

NCH

TFED12

imported post

ga_repoman wrote:
six flag falls under private property
and security will not allow firearms to be carried into the park
I have personally disarmed an FBI agent ccing off duty
in a fanny pack

There is not loophole they simple will not allow it
BTW there are metal detecters at the park enterance and when I workrd there
we also used the hand wand things

hope this helps
hit me if you have any more questions I worked in security at that very park several years ago
This guy must have been a highly untrained FBI agent or an impersonator. Did he actually allow you to place your hands on his gun and remove it ? Does not Georgia exempt LEO's from this type of thing under:
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-130
Exemptions from Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128

(4)Police officer of any county, municipal, state, state authority, or federal law enforcement agency in the State of Georgia, including any college or university police officer that is registered or certified by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council, or retired police officer of any county, municipal, state, state authority, or federal law enforcement agency in the State of Georgia, including any college or university police officer that was registered or certified at the time of his or her retirement by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council, if such retired employee is receiving benefits under the Peace Officers' Annuity and Benefit Fund provided under Chapter 17 of Title 47 or is retired in good standing and receiving benefits from a county, municipal, State of Georgia, state authority, or federal retirement system.In addition, any such sheriff, retired sheriff, deputy sheriff, retired deputy sheriff, active or retired law enforcement chief executive, or other law enforcement officer referred to in this subsection shall be authorized to carry a pistol or revolver on or off duty anywhere within the state and the provisions of Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to the carrying of such firearms.

and LEOSA (HR-218)? And, if bychance he is not exempt (and I believe he is), why didn't he just go put the gun in his secure vehicle. I would NEVER allow you to disarm me under any circumstance.