• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MI Safety Inspection is History Starting Today!

Hcidem

imported post

Thank you, springerdave. We all need to demonstrate responsibility when we post on this forum. We have all been young. We have all made mistakes. Unfortunately, our mistakes can provide support for the opponents of our 2A rights.

There are things many people do in private, Kenshinx2. These things are often misunderstood when they are shared on a forum which is available for public viewing.

Michigan is entering a time where our 2A rights will be increasingly challenged. At the same time, we still have an opportunity to remove laws which infringe our 2A rights. In order to accomplish this, we must not give our opponents anything they can use against us.

We have to continually demonstrate the highest level of responsiblity to those around us - including those on public forums. If we don't, all the antis have to do is to lead our lawmakers to the forums on which we openly share our opinions and experiences.

If they find that our discussions demonstrate that we are irrational, irresponsible, or perhaps even dangerous, the antis win their fight without having to even enter the arena. Please carefully consider the information you post here. Please also consider the actions you take at home and on the street. Please ensure that your actions do not negatively affect your future rights, or those of your father, or those of other gun owners.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

No, thank you, Hcidem. Very well put . I am taking notes on how to be tactful and diplomatic. I had the same job for the last 26 years. During that time I had 5 bosses.
All at one time or another expressed to me their view of my lack of tact. You would have pleased them.springerdave.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Hey now....how else can I beat Clint to the draw. I used to practice quick draw, of course the gun was unloaded and made sure I stayed on the carpet. In fact I can still do the "Mexican switch" pretty good. It does impress the grandkids. :cool:
What..."Mexican switch" ???

WARCHILD

imported post

"Mexican switch".....
That's where you pretend to hand your gun(s) over...butt first...then spin them around...cocked and ready to use. It may be known by another or several names, but that's what I was told it is called. And yes, I used to show off a little back in the day to the cubscouts...before arty-ritis set in. Nothin' fancy, just enough to impress the little guys.:cool: No, not with a real gun...a practice revolver like the old Colt Peacmaker.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
"Mexican switch".....
That's where you pretend to hand your gun(s) over...butt first...then spin them around...cocked and ready to use. It may be known by another or several names, but that's what I was told it is called. And yes, I used to show off a little back in the day to the cubscouts...before arty-ritis set in. Nothin' fancy, just enough to impress the little guys.:cool: No, not with a real gun...a practice revolver like the old Colt Peacmaker.
LOL I don't think I'll try that with my Glock anytime soon. :lol: