• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Covington

jddssc121

imported post

Just spoke with the city. The are repealing this section of the code, and the police have been informed it is not enforceable.

Machoduck

imported post

Thanks, jddssc121. I approached the City Attorney with my finding that their parks law was illegal and just got a cavalier response along the lines of, "Oh well, we'll just keep it in there because that's what other small cities are doing."

I then spent quite some time explaining the illegality of the statute, quoting ".290" and so forth, explaining the risk to the city of law suits etc., and got no reply of any substance whatever. Thanks again. Either you have a way with words, or they've been thinking about the subject (or both). The state AG's finding didn't hurt either.

MD

jddssc121

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
Thanks, jddssc121. I approached the City Attorney with my finding that their parks law was illegal and just got a cavalier response along the lines of, "Oh well, we'll just keep it in there because that's what other small cities are doing."

I then spent quite some time explaining the illegality of the statute, quoting ".290" and so forth, explaining the risk to the city of law suits etc., and got no reply of any substance whatever. Thanks again. Either you have a way with words, or they've been thinking about the subject (or both). The state AG's finding didn't hurt either.

MD
I'm sure i'm just the lucky one that causes the damn to open... I'm not the eloquent with words to take credit for it by myself :)