Thread: Dumb Costomer in Walmart

Post imported post

Was at the walmart in my town and i went to the mac machine to check on how much money was in my bank account. when some guy said to me "hey man do you mind tucking that away" I turned around figuring that it was a cop, but it wasnt. And said" sorry no i cant". he replied "well its called concealed carry for a reason'. and i replied" PA is an open carry state. The he says " well i asked" and i replied " and i said sorry but no". then he says " if thats the way it is " then started dailing on his phone . i smiled and said yep thats how it is and said have a nice day. i went and got what i needed and went home . i know that he didnt call the cops cause on my way home the two cops on duty were a subway down the road from walmart getting subs. i went home and was proud for having my rights.

Post imported post

Good for you for sticking up for yourself and your rights. (hey maybe he DID call the cops and they said "sorry charlie...nothing we can do unless he was holding up the ATM machine with it" )

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

shefearsnothing wrote:
    SNIP (hey maybe he DID call the cops and they said "sorry charlie...nothing we can do unless he was holding up the ATM machine with it" )
    It might not bea bad idea to request the 911 tapes from that time period if PA has a FOIA or Sunshine Law.

If the dispatchers responded appropriately, a little compliment wouldn't hurt.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

a. Pennsylvania does have a Sunshine Law, recently upgraded, but 911 tapes are exempt.

b. Next time, carry some Pa. Open Carry flyers in your wallet to hand out to people.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

I make mistake like this all the time, but I thought the title dumb costomer funny. And the guy is an idiot, and typical of the anti anything people we don't like it and so we are going to use the fact that it offends us to get you to do what we want. The way I figure itthats a two way street, they offend me so leave me alone....lol.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    a. Pennsylvania does have a Sunshine Law, recently upgraded, but 911 tapes are exempt.
    The authorities may assert a privilege not to release, but the tapes are public records - you can force them to publicly refuse which is always a partial victiry - but in this case, i see no reason to ask for them - what's the point?

Banned

Post imported post

They require a subpoena to release

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Aran wrote:
    They require a subpoena to release
    To force them if they refuse, sure; my point is to make them refuse first - a partial victory in the publicity campaign, assuming of course your target is police misconduct, which in this thread it is not - I was just trying expand upon the comments of the right honorable gentleman from Cherry Tree.