• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dumb Costomer in Walmart

smokeeater

imported post

Was at the walmart in my town and i went to the mac machine to check on how much money was in my bank account. when some guy said to me "hey man do you mind tucking that away" I turned around figuring that it was a cop, but it wasnt. And said" sorry no i cant". he replied "well its called concealed carry for a reason'. and i replied" PA is an open carry state. The he says " well i asked" and i replied " and i said sorry but no". then he says " if thats the way it is " then started dailing on his phone . i smiled and said yep thats how it is and said have a nice day. i went and got what i needed and went home . i know that he didnt call the cops cause on my way home the two cops on duty were a subway down the road from walmart getting subs. i went home and was proud for having my rights.

shefearsnothing

imported post

Good for you for sticking up for yourself and your rights. :) (hey maybe he DID call the cops and they said "sorry charlie...nothing we can do unless he was holding up the ATM machine with it" :lol:)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

shefearsnothing wrote:
SNIP (hey maybe he DID call the cops and they said "sorry charlie...nothing we can do unless he was holding up the ATM machine with it" :lol: )

It might not bea bad idea to request the 911 tapes from that time period if PA has a FOIA or Sunshine Law.

If the dispatchers responded appropriately, a little compliment wouldn't hurt.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I make mistake like this all the time, but I thought the title dumb costomer funny. And the guy is an idiot, and typical of the anti anything people we don't like it and so we are going to use the fact that it offends us to get you to do what we want. The way I figure itthats a two way street, they offend me so leave me alone....lol.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
a. Pennsylvania does have a Sunshine Law, recently upgraded, but 911 tapes are exempt.
The authorities may assert a privilege not to release, but the tapes are public records - you can force them to publicly refuse which is always a partial victiry - but in this case, i see no reason to ask for them - what's the point?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Aran wrote:
They require a subpoena to release
To force them if they refuse, sure; my point is to make them refuse first - a partial victory in the publicity campaign, assuming of course your target is police misconduct, which in this thread it is not - I was just trying expand upon the comments of the right honorable gentleman from Cherry Tree.