• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Show at the Showplace?

volvodog

imported post

I haven't found any info on a gun show at the Showplace this weekend but had a couple friends say there is one.Does anyone know?

Thanks Gary

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
We will be there with our usual table.

If you get on their mailing list, they send post cards as reminders with discount coupons.
Need any help at the VCDL table on Sunday?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:

If you get on their mailing list, they send post cards as reminders with discount coupons
Used to be able to get discount coupons on line at their site but I don't see them any longer.

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Is there a Saturday breakfast before the show this week?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tess wrote:
Is there a Saturday breakfast before the show this week?
Always (well almost) an OC breakfast in Richmond every week.

As we haven't set the location yet, does the River City Diner work for you. I know we plan to be there for Lobby Day but they do have good food and are accepting/supportive so see no problem with doubling up on their business - works for me.

If you like the idea - what time works for you. We normally get together at 0930.

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

If you get on their mailing list, they send post cards as reminders with discount coupons.
Need any help at the VCDL table on Sunday?

Can't speak for the official VCDL Richmond gunshow coordinator ( aemuehleisen@comcast.net), but as one of the volunteers I say extra hands are always welcome.

I'll be there at the VCDL table Sunday PM. You decide if you want to show up in the AM or beseen with me.:D

stay safe.

skidmark

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:
Can't speak for the official VCDL Richmond gunshow coordinator ( aemuehleisen@comcast.net ), but as one of the volunteers I say extra hands are always welcome.

I'll be there at the VCDL table Sunday PM. You decide if you want to show up in the AM or beseen with me.:D

stay safe.

skidmark
Coordinating with my wife and tending to my two-month old will dictate when I can make it. I'm fired up right now! I want to help get the word out about lobby day and get some more members.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Can't speak for the official VCDL Richmond gunshow coordinator ( aemuehleisen@comcast.net ), but as one of the volunteers I say extra hands are always welcome.

stay safe.

skidmark
Coordinating with my wife and tending to my two-month old will dictate when I can make it. I'm fired up right now! I want to help get the word out about lobby day and get some more members.
Bring the wife & kid with you. As you are not "officially" assigned a shift you can sit for as long or short a time as you want. You get extra karma points for bringing youngsters of any age to a gun show, and your wife can look at the leather goods and jewelry as well as the guns. And you can show her how much better good range bags work as diaper bags - got all those compartments that are just the right sizes.;)

As one who attends most gun shows to work the VCDL table I an tell you from observation that more and more dads are discovering how much ammo can be carried out using the stroller instead of breaking their back.:celebrate (Shades of the Tactical Wheelbarrow.)

stay safe.

skidmark

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:
SNIP
Bring the wife & kid with you. And you can show her how much better good range bags work as diaper bags - got all those compartments that are just the right sizes.;)

As one who attends most gun shows to work the VCDL table I an tell you from observation that more and more dads are discovering how much ammo can be

These are actually pretty good ideas.:idea:

The antis have fictitiously painted us as terrorist, dangerous, and criminals they probably couldn't fathom that we would have cute, snuggly, little babies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
The antis have fictitiously painted us as terrorist, dangerous, and criminals they probably couldn't fathom that we would have cute, snuggly, little babies.
That's why I always recommend OCing them - they're positive image good props too. :lol:

Yata hey

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Be on the lookout for the antis. I spotted some at the last gun show. I suspect I had one follow me when I was carrying a rifle I was selling. They were probably going to use me as an example because I was selling a Stag. I think I lost mytail when they heard me tell an interested party that I would not sell my rifle to someone that didn't have a driver's license and a conceal carry permit.

So much for the "no questions asked" lie.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The show was like previous ones extremely busy but unlike earlier ones seemed to have more of everything. Scored the good AK and AR mags - paid the price too. Saw plenty of AR and AK parts, .45, .40 & 9mm ammo was sold way down but still available.

All in all great show.

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My first Showplace show. Interesting. Nearly as big as Chantilly, but with a VERY different crowd of attendees.

Found a new .45 that just jumped its way into my purse (yes, yes, by way of my checkbook - but private sale).