• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congress' Plan Would Let AG Ban Guns At Will

Statesman

imported post

smash29 wrote:
Statesman wrote:
Never underestimate the Democrats ability to go power hungry after 8 years of Republican rule, and lose their majority in 2 years. They are going to go all nutcase attacking the 2nd ammendment, causing a conservative revolution.

The greater the action, the greater the reaction.
I've heardaccounts of liberalsvoting Republicanin the GA Senate run-off last month if only to deprive theDems of a fillibuster-proof Senate and prevent what you speak of.
Sounds like an intelligent move on their part. I hear Republicans will not have the ability to fillibuster.

smash29

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Sounds like an intelligent move on their part. I hear Republicans will not have the ability to filibuster.
No, with the GOP win in Georgia the Dems don't havea super-majority and therefore don't have a filibuster-proof Senate. That doesn'tnecessarily mean that there will ever be a filibuster because a voteprobably wouldn't fall strictly along party lines but the Republicans could still pull one off, at least technically.

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

I will notbehanding overmy guns. Sorry, sirs. I will however, be openly willing togive upmy bullets.... one way or another.

And whats the deal with thelibs and their "will not affect the hunter or sportsman" b.s.? When I think of the consitution, I don't think of sporting events! What the %#$& does the 2nd amendment have to do with hunting or clay pigeon shooting? Enough, already! Who are you bozos trying to fool?

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Johnny Stiletto wrote:
snip...

And whats the deal with thelibs and their "will not affect the hunter or sportsman" b.s.? When I think of the consitution, I don't think of sporting events! What the %#$& does the 2nd amendment have to do with hunting or clay pigeon shooting? Enough, already! Who are you bozos trying to fool?
+1

smash29

imported post

Johnny Stiletto wrote:

"a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms for sporting and hunting purposes, and only then with government approval, shall not be infringed"

Don't know what you're talking about, I copied this fromthe Bradywebsite and it clearly states the intent of the 2nd Amendment. Are they not being truthful? :quirky

<sarcasm off>

:D

demnogis

imported post

In lieu of moving, I think I'll stay put where I am currently, invest in reloading equipment, LOTS of steel-core rounds and get that Dragunov I'm wanting. It's easier to reload when all your rifles use 7.62x54R.

Getting that Boxster I want can wait. Looks like guns are coming first.

MetalChris

imported post

KS_to_CA wrote:
This might be pushing it but imagine, just imagine, "85 million" gun owners marching on the streets while openly carrying.

:what:
It'll never happen. The vast majority of gun owners are cowards. Not the majority of the folks on this site...I'm talking about your typical NRA member who thinks he's doing his part to defend the Constitution by giving $25 to an organization that thrives on negotiating our rights away.
If people were going to revolt over gun laws it should've happened a long time ago.
/voice of reason

sccrref

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Well, what did you expect? Obama to mean it when he said that he supports gun rights?
He supports gun rights. Just not ours. He supports the right of big government to possess guns in order to keep the people in check.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
JBURGII wrote:
tito887 wrote:
which is a really scary idea. I guess I'll meet you guys in the woods in my camo.
Guess its time to get ready for huntin season..
so just how DO you field dress a bureaucrat? :D

With enough dynamite they dress the field ALL OVER!!!

In case any FEDS or others have any questions.... THAT WAS A JOKE IN POOR TASTE!!!!

JoeSparky