• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My ideas on how we could expand faster

viperar15

imported post

MySpace and Facebook

I know there is an MOC MySpace, but... if I remember correctly, we only had like 50 friends on there. Start going to those friends and add all the friends of those 50 friends. Its a lot of work to do it that way, but the name would get out that way.

Facebook.. being a big college site, would be a great place that we could advertise a banner at. plus you can decide how and who the banner is advertised to. Their rates were not all that bad when I did some advertising last year.

nick7871

imported post

If it could be of any help my store is rightacross the street fromMSU campus I'm right on Grand river Ave 99% of my customers are collage student. If any one has any idea's I'm all for it as long as its suitable for my store.

Michigander

imported post

nick7871 wrote:
we go to target sports on Woodward at least once a week in no smaller of a group then 5 men and woman.............

If any one is willing or wants to set up a gathering for the metro Detroit area I will attend with 5+ and many of these friend's of mine are young business owners and have some pull in there communities. Looking forward to hear other members input on this...
The smallest meeting I ever saw was 3 people. You've already got twice that. :celebrate

My suggestion, at this point, is that if you've got 5 people who want to see what OCing is like, figure out a date that works for everyone, then start a meet up thread. If you build it, they will come.

If you will be at target sports anyway, the coffee beanery might be a good location to revisit.

I can see that you're willing to go with my regularly scheduled meetings idea, but how about everyone else in the area? Who else would be willing or interested in doing by weekly-ish meetings? If there are even 5 of us total who would be interested, I'd like to give it a try.

taxwhat

imported post

Michigander wrote:
nick7871 wrote:
we go to target sports on Woodward at least once a week in no smaller of a group then 5 men and woman.............

If any one is willing or wants to set up a gathering for the metro Detroit area I will attend with 5+ and many of these friend's of mine are young business owners and have some pull in there communities. Looking forward to hear other members input on this...
The smallest meeting I ever saw was 3 people. You've already got twice that. :celebrate

My suggestion, at this point, is that if you've got 5 people who want to see what OCing is like, figure out a date that works for everyone, then start a meet up thread. If you build it, they will come.

If you will be at target sports anyway, the coffee beanery might be a good location to revisit.

I can see that you're willing to go with my regularly scheduled meetings idea, but how about everyone else in the area? Who else would be willing or interested in doing by weekly-ish meetings? If there are even 5 of us total who would be interested, I'd like to give it a try.
OK so you are the New Kids on the Block [or fearsome five or gun tooters ] Whats the big plan { that's after the ones who do not like or believe pick you off any time they want ? :what: :banghead: :cuss:

Michigander

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
OK so you are the New Kids on the Block [or fearsome five or gun tooters] Whats the big plan { that's after the ones who do not like or believe pick you off any time they want ? :what: :banghead: :cuss:
I don't understand what you mean.

taxwhat

imported post

I can see that you're willing to go with my regularly scheduled meetings idea, but how about everyone else in the area? Who else would be willing or interested in doing by weekly-ish meetings? If there are even 5 of us total who would be interested, I'd like to give it a try SO you have five or ten go every Wednesday to Privately owned coffee shop X ! What did you gain ?How did your group help OC ? Next When they pick you off for Chicken dung charges WHOM will post your bail and supply your Lawyer ? Just asking

nick7871

imported post

Michigander wrote:
nick7871 wrote:

Well I was thinking that a great meeting or even casual get together would spark interest to the others that I bring, 5 is a minmostof these gentleman have CPL's some don't and talk about getting them or wanting to carry there firearmsand I want to open there eyes to seeing what OC is about like you mentioned they are aware now that it is legal but still sceptical about doing it so my plan was to havea comfortable get together so they can meet and greet and understand that people are doing this andstart spreading to those who are interested in OC whether with a cpl or with out, so hopefully by the next visit by weekly if so could expand our numbers to 10-15or more. I think that if were seen in big numbers and as respectable law abiding citizens and local business owners for some ofus then its similar to starting a trend witch in all realityshould not be that hard just takes time and effortto do with a good plan of gatherings and educational information. Then who knows where we could take it from there I have many friends that are small business owners from restaurantto cellular and many more so if we can get them involved (maybe even get donation for the cause)as wellto set good examples to others even by simply putting a sign up on a window stating that open carry isexceptedwiththe website/forumfor more information then incoming customers will be curious about it and I would say1-10 may visit and join us at some point.What does every one else think???

Mean while I can contact some of them now and figure out a good day to get out and OC together most likely it would be a Sunday and take a couple weeks to assure that there will be attendance>

Michigander

imported post

taxwhat wrote:

I can see that you're willing to go with my regularly scheduled meetings idea, but how about everyone else in the area? Who else would be willing or interested in doing by weekly-ish meetings? If there are even 5 of us total who would be interested, I'd like to give it a try SO you have five or ten go every Wednesday to Privately owned coffee shop X ! What did you gain ?How did your group help OC ? Next When they pick you off for Chicken dung charges WHOM will post your bail and supply your Lawyer ? Just asking

I was suggesting a one time only meeting at the bean. Its only a couple miles away for me, and they'd be right there.

I am not exactly worried about being prosecuted, because I don't typically break laws when I go OCing. I've been OCing almost every day since I got back from AZ, I've been seen by cops while walking down the street in several cities, and as of yet, they haven't even stopped me. But that's just me operating on my own. In a group of 5+, there is next to nothing to worry about.

If the idea seems a bit much to you, that's just fine, no one is asking you to attend if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

Michigander

imported post

Spectacular Nick. Having regular meetings presents a lot to think about, but we really don't need to make it complicated.

By the way, I think fast food places can be really good in the winter, because they are not very likely to kick anyone out, and on the off chance they do, there are a lot more of them near by.

nick7871

imported post

taxwhat wrote:

Hey I didn't say any thing about going out and breaking any laws so there should not be any reasoned to worry about getting arrested, and do you know what kind of influence new kids on the block had to there generation (Not that I liked them)lol. I can assure that we can meet in a friendly restaurant owned by friends of mine and and 2 heads are better then 1 so with many people's conversation and coming up with ideas to getothers involved infun activities and simply good conversation numbers can spread and if number spread so does the 2nd. If you think its a bad idea or wont accomplish any thing hey thats your view and thats cool but if otherlike it and we can collaborate then why not??and not every Wednesday but more frequent to what Ive seen in the meeting thread.

nick7871

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Spectacular Nick. Having regular meetings presents a lot to think about, but we really don't need to make it complicated.

By the way, I think fast food places can be really good in the winter, because they are not very likely to kick anyone out, and on the off chance they do, there are a lot more of them near by.
Why not I agree with you any place is good whats the worse you get out of it food andgood company...

nick7871

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Both of you missing Point of post ! Five or ten What i Goal ? No one can take on Government or Stupid by themselves . Forcing Government to do its JOB is easy er in public .
And you are right but I don't think were planning on taking any one onthat day simply to educate and spread the word and be notice as average citizens who enjoy exercising there right and have some same believes un-like many other topics.Hey the Spartans took on many with few, with good tactics and strong beliefs

Michigander

imported post

I'm not real worried about taking on the government. The government already allows OC, and even protects it with preemption. The very worst that could be reasonably expected to happen is an irate lecture from a jack ass cop, but that's rare, and fine with me if it leads to his or her department educating the entire force.

Granted the unconstitutional restrictions on car carry need to be done away with, but all we really need to do at this stage in the game is get more people to open carry.

nick7871

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I'm not real worried about taking on the government. The government already allows OC, and even protects it with preemption. The very worst that could be reasonably expected to happen is an irate lecture from a jack ass cop, but that's rare, and fine with me if it leads to his or her department educating the entire force.

Granted the unconstitutional restrictions on car carry need to be done away with, but all we really need to do at this stage in the game is get more people to open carry.
Agreed!!! I will post later or start a thread for the gathering for some time in the next couple weeks.

taxwhat

imported post

nick7871 wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Both of you missing Point of post ! Five or ten What i Goal ? No one can take on Government or Stupid by themselves . Forcing Government to do its JOB is easy er in public .
And you are right but I don't think were planning on taking any one onthat day simply to educate and spread the word and be notice as average citizens who enjoy exercising there right and have some same believes un-like many other topics.Hey the Spartans took on many with few, with good tactics and strong beliefs
Barny fife and Boss Hoggare alive and well they Work for Judge Roy Bean !

nick7871

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
nick7871 wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Barny fife and Boss Hoggare alive and well they Work for Judge Roy Bean !
LOL!!!!!! :lol: