• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My ideas on how we could expand faster

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I like the professional printer idea. I have printed my own cards off for business, on different card stocks, but they just don't look as good. For the price, it's unbeatable.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

For the back:

From the Michigan Constitution: Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state. ( Cont. 1963, Art I, Sec 6, Eff Jan. 1964)

URL for the Michigan Legislature website

ETA: There are so many relevant laws and AG opinions, I don't know how we would choose only a couple...

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
BTW: Tables at gun shows

"Tables at Lansing/Mason, Birch Run, Flint, Hillsdale, Detroit, Monroe, Manistee and Grand Rapids are $45.00 each.

http://www.migunshows.com/
That's pretty cheap. I would be willing to help man a table for a Lansing show. We have banners and we can print up brochures. I can order more buttons to sell too. Doug could sell dog tags and perhaps have more T-shirts made up. This could work.

nick7871

imported post

Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:
BTW: Tables at gun shows

"Tables at Lansing/Mason, Birch Run, Flint, Hillsdale, Detroit, Monroe, Manistee and Grand Rapids are $45.00 each.

http://www.migunshows.com/
That's pretty cheap. I would be willing to help man a table for a Lansing show. We have banners and we can print up brochures. I can order more buttons to sell too. Doug could sell dog tags and perhaps have more T-shirts made up. This could work.

Lansing is good for me as well, I will contribute with my time and $$ or any thing else I can bring to the table (so to Speak).

You guys think theres a chance to print some card up? Even if its a smaller amount atleast we could pass them along to.

viperar15

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Business cards, they're all the rage.

What do you guys think about this?

Pricing is plus shipping

500 = $60
1000 = $75
2000 = $100
3000 = $125
5000 = $175

you can put me in for $10

just a suggestion, not sure which place you were looking at using, but www.overnightprints.com does an awesome job. i used them for my business cards. and i just looked at cost... which look sto be cheaper.
dbl side 500 = $39.95 and can go as low as 100.

viperar15

imported post

another idea that we could go with.

sure, we have the forums here, but we could also build a website with all the information readily available with links back to here.

i would be willing to help and can provide space and domain name.
but would appreciate help with keeping stuff updated, etc. aka... not a 1 person thing! :p

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Business cards, they're all the rage.

What do you guys think about this?

Pricing is plus shipping

500 = $60
1000 = $75
2000 = $100
3000 = $125
5000 = $175

you can put me in for $10

just a suggestion, not sure which place you were looking at using, but www.overnightprints.com does an awesome job. i used them for my business cards. and i just looked at cost... which look sto be cheaper.
dbl side 500 = $39.95 and can go as low as 100.

+1 on overnightprints. Great quality cards. Their gloss coating makes these cards basically waterproof.

Michigander

imported post

A little while ago, I had a flashback to my cub scout days.

What we did, was we passed out bags which had a message on them asking for canned food because we were doing a drive for a homeless shelter or some such thing.

We could do canned food drives of our own, but have custom printed bags maybe, plus perhaps put a general purpose OC brochure inside too.

Of course, it could back fire if a bunch of gun phobes got pissy about people with guns coming on their front porch. Even if we weren't armed, some people might get the idea we were when they find em. Might be too close for comfort for some people. But it's a thought.

taxwhat

imported post

Michigander wrote:
A little while ago, I had a flashback to my cub scout days.

What we did, was we passed out bags which had a message on them asking for canned food because we were doing a drive for a homeless shelter or some such thing.

We could do canned food drives of our own, but have custom printed bags maybe, plus perhaps put a general purpose OC brochure inside too.

Of course, it could back fire if a bunch of gun phobes got pissy about people with guns coming on their front porch. Even if we weren't armed, some people might get the idea we were when they find em. Might be too close for comfort for some people. But it's a thought.
OOPS cell nex to CB of KK ?
Contact the Internal Revenue Service at (800) 829-4933 to obtain the publication "Tax-Exempt Status for your Organization" (Publication 557) and the accompanying package "Application for Recognition of Exemption" (Form 1023 and Form 872-C).

Due to a change in the law regarding nonprofit organizations, the Department of Treasury no longer has an application for exemption process. Organizations exempted by statute, organizations granted exemption from Federal Income Tax under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) or organizations that had previously received an exemption letter from this division are entitled to sales and use tax exemption. A copy of the federal exemption letter or a letter previously issued by this department must accompany a completed Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption, form 3372.

Contact the Department of Treasury, Single Business Tax Division (517) 636-4700 to determine if the organization will be exempt from the state Single Business Tax.

If the non-profit organization is soliciting funds from the public, it should be registered with the Attorney General's Charitable Trust Division at (517) 373-1152. When contacted, the Attorney General's Office will mail you (at no charge) an "Initial Charitable Trust/Charitable Solicitation Questionnaire."

pmcqueen37

imported post

nick7871 wrote:
If it could be of any help my store is rightacross the street fromMSU campus I'm right on Grand river Ave 99% of my customers are collage student. If any one has any idea's I'm all for it as long as its suitable for my store.
If your store is off campus, why not post an "Open Carry Welcome" sign at the entrance, and have some OC pamphlets on hand for any one who is wants information on OC.

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:

sure, we have the forums here, but we could also build a website with all the information readily available with links back to here.

but would appreciate help with keeping stuff updated, etc. aka... not a 1 person thing! :p
I'd help... I don't update my own site much, but that's only because I don't really have a reason to.. I'd love to get involved with a website for this. Let me know if you go forward with this.

viperar15

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

I'd help... I don't update my own site much, but that's only because I don't really have a reason to.. I'd love to get involved with a website for this. Let me know if you go forward with this.

i know what ya mean. hope to have some site templates from a buddy tomorrow. i've been in the process of rebuilding mine. so i'll have a bunch of templates we can look at. we can put together some stuff and see what everyone thinks.

SQLtables

imported post

viperar15 wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

i know what ya mean. hope to have some site templates from a buddy tomorrow. i've been in the process of rebuilding mine. so i'll have a bunch of templates we can look at. we can put together some stuff and see what everyone thinks.
Sounds like a plan. If you ever want to get together around Midland somewhere to work on anything, just let me know and we can plan it out.

Hcidem

imported post

Have you guys seen the Joomla templates? They require an associated database, but they are great for content management. They even allow easy management and classification of additional people authorized to access website content.