• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I bought a new toy today!

richarcm

imported post

I have barely even taken it out of the box much less shot it. But I am excited to now have 2 guns. :) I just need a holster or two and i'll be good to go!

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I have barely even taken it out of the box much less shot it. But I am excited to now have 2 guns. :) I just need a holster or two and i'll be good to go!
Nice choice! XD, or XDM? Tactical?

What holster(s) are you looking at?

richarcm

imported post

diesel556 wrote:

It's an XD9 with the tactical rail.

I want an IWB...something that will conceal it real well.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

richarcm wrote:
diesel556 wrote:

It's an XD9 with the tactical rail.

I want an IWB...something that will conceal it real well.
You might want to look at one of the sponsor's at the top of the page (Tucker or Crossbreed).

I own two of the SuperTuck Deluxe from Crossbreed personally. One each for my Kahr P9, and 1911 and like them both.

There are definitely plenty of options out there.

richarcm

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
You might want to look at one of the sponsor's at the top of the page (Tucker or Crossbreed).

I own two of the SuperTuck Deluxe from Crossbreed personally. One each for my Kahr P9, and 1911 and like them both.

There are definitely plenty of options out there.
Those are pretty nice. There is another one that I like that is probably not a sponsor of this page. I'll just have to do some research and see what I can find. I think I've decided to keep my 1911 as my primary target/OC gun (she's pretty) and keep the XD as the self defense/CC gun with the obvious ocassional target use....especially right now since I need to adjust to it.

Going from a 1911 to just about any other gun takes a bit of getting used to!

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

richarcm wrote:
Those are pretty nice. There is another one that I like that is probably not a sponsor of this page.
I was only throwing them out there as options. The important thing is that you like it!

Going from a 1911 to just about any other gun takes a bit of getting used to!

I went the other way (from an XD9 to a 1911), and it was just as disorienting!

eyesopened

imported post

Congrats man! I have a Comptac CTAC that for my XD45 compact and it works really well. I'm waiting for my MTAC to come in (hopefully today). I've heard a lot of good things about it, so hopefully it fits my lifestyle.

shad0wfax

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
Check out http://www.blade-tech.com

They have top notch customer service and great holsters. I got one for my Glock 26 and couldn't be happier. I've owned 3 of their holsters and loved 'em all.

Hey, I've been thinking about buying a holster from them for my H&K USP Tactical (Full Size .45 ACP) because they're one of two companies that make kydex holsters that will actually fit the raised front sight and the only company I know of that makes a kydex that will fit my USP Tactical with a light attached.

I'm thinking about their level 2 tactical holster with light in a paddle model.

Do you have any experience with their paddle holsters?

bordsnbikes

imported post

Yeah the first holster I owned was a paddle from them. I was new to CC and it was a bad choice for that. For OC though, it would work great. It was an excellent holster but the gun kind of leaned out just a little too much for CC and it printed REALLY bad.

shad0wfax

imported post

bordsnbikes wrote:
Yeah the first holster I owned was a paddle from them. I was new to CC and it was a bad choice for that. For OC though, it would work great. It was an excellent holster but the gun kind of leaned out just a little too much for CC and it printed REALLY bad.

Thanks for the information. I'm only interested in OC with a full-sized USP Tactical, so printing isn't an issue. I'm more concerned with the retention capabilities and the security of their paddle design. Ideally I want a Blackhawk SERPA but they don't make them that fit the Tactical's front sight profile. I'm thinking of one of theblade-techs with a thumb-break as well as the normal tension screws. Thoughts?

bordsnbikes

imported post

I've never seen one of their's with the thumb break so I really couldn't say, I didn't even know they made them. But like I said, awesome holsters and great company, I really can't recommend them enough. But I would stay away from the Serpa. It's been beaten to death in another thread so I won't get into it any more than this.

Tallinthesaddle

Founder's Club Member
imported post

XD9 is a top choice, good safety mechanisms and the mags are not over priced. I shot my XD9 and a Sig 250 9mm this week and the XD put it to shame, even though the Sig has great sights. The XD trigger makes all the difference.

richarcm

imported post

Tallinthesaddle wrote:
XD9 is a top choice, good safety mechanisms and the mags are not over priced. I shot my XD9 and a Sig 250 9mm this week and the XD put it to shame, even though the Sig has great sights. The XD trigger makes all the difference.
I agree...so far anyways. Previously my only gun was a 1911. However I have rented numerous guns and tried several friend's guns. I never liked how the non-1911's felt. The triggers always threw me off and I didn't like how that jolted my confidence. However I took the XD9 out this weekend and I REALLY liked how it felt! It seems to be a pretty solid gun. I love the how the trigger feels, I like the sights much better than the Heine "8" sights on my 1911 and I love the minimal weight.