• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new guy

antispam540

imported post

Hey all, I just moved to the Poulsbo area from Atlanta! I've been OC/CCing for a couple of years now, but I'm curious to see how people take it around here. Do you guys know of any pro-carry business in the poulsbo/silverdale area? I checked the DNP list (annoyed that Kitsap mall is on there), but I didn't notice much for this particular area. Hopefully I'll be able to show up at some of the OC luncheons soon!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to Washington! Please don't mind the liberals, they are mostly harmless. Until they get together in groups and vote... Oh well. Poulsbo is a really pretty area, I think you'll like it.

antispam540

imported post

Yeah, I love how fresh the air is and all the beautiful country. I don't mind the rain much, but I'll be glad when it clears up enough for fishing season. My fiancee's originally from here (we met online), so that's why I moved so far.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Welcome to Washington what a yr. you chose to come here. So you moved instead of her? .......whipped....lol...j/k....I been open carrying a few months up here in Bellingham and haven't had any incidents I find most people are not that aware of their surrounding and don't even notice it.Wait 'till summer washington is great place to be during that season.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Stop in to the Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale and meet me at the gun counter. Just so everyone knows what is going on at Sportsman's... the entire corporation is being bought out by a Canadian company. Neither side wants to put more money into merchandise until after the sale is completed,. which should be in about 2 weeks.

The new owners are of the type that when they buy an existing business, they tend to build and improve it. There is no indication of anything different in this transaction with 75 stores involved.

And yes this is related to OC as we sell handguns and pass out the OC flyers. I need more, let's get a new batch printed.

heresolong

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
pass out the OC flyers. I need more, let's get a new batch printed.
What is our pricing on those? There is a printer who belongs to ABATE of Washington, a motorcycle rights group, who is offering ABATE members 9 cents per side color printing. If that is competitive with what we have been doing I could set up a run of flyers. I need some more for the shop in Bellingham.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Stop in to the Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale and meet me at the gun counter. Just so everyone knows what is going on at Sportsman's... the entire corporation is being bought out by a Canadian company. Neither side wants to put more money into merchandise until after the sale is completed,. which should be in about 2 weeks.
So that's why I couldn't find squat for ammo the other day in Lacey...

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

heresolong wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
What is our pricing on those? There is a printer who belongs to ABATE of Washington, a motorcycle rights group, who is offering ABATE members 9 cents per side color printing. If that is competitive with what we have been doing I could set up a run of flyers. I need some more for the shop in Bellingham.
You might want to send Jim675 a pm. He still has a full box of color pamphlets that haven't been purchased/distributed to other OCDO'ers.

jbone

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:

The new owners are of the type that when they buy an existing business, they tend to build and improve it. There is no indication of anything different in this transaction with 75 stores involved.

And yes this is related to OC as we sell handguns and pass out the OC flyers. I need more, let's get a new batch printed.
Welcome Antispam.

Trigger Dr. With Canadians buying Sportsman’s are we likely to see the OC friendly atmosphere disappear?

G27

imported post

Welcome to Kitsap County! There are a few of us over here, and I don't mind meeting up sometime for lunch if you're interested and still have questions about the area. Shoot me a text and I'll give you my phone number.

Trigger Dr

imported post

jbone,

It is our understanding that the operation of SW will continue as before. There should not be a problem with OC, as the new buyers want to build a bigger customer base. Keeping the status quo will help that.

eBratt

imported post

Hi, Antispam. I am in Poulsbo as well. I have had one bad run in with the police here (thread found here if you are interested: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/5111.html).

Otherwise, Poulsbo and neighboring Kingston have been fairly OC friendly. I am not an OC-only guy, but when I do OC (mostly summer), I haven't had any problems except for the stop I referenced above.

Drop a line if you or anyone else in the Poulsbo/Silverdale area want to meet up.

just_a_car

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
heresolong wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
You might want to send Jim675 a pm. He still has a full box of color pamphlets that haven't been purchased/distributed to other OCDO'ers.
surfj is the one that had them made and got a great deal on a 5000 print run of them. I highly doubt it cost him 9 cents per side... actually, I think he may have gotten them for around 5 cents for two color, glossy sides.

jbone

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
jbone,

It is our understanding that the operation of SW will continue as before. There should not be a problem with OC, as the new buyers want to build a bigger customer base. Keeping the status quo will help that.
That's.