• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Radio Campaign Welcomes Texas Legislators to Austin!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

[align=left]Starting today, Thursday, Dec. 8, 2009, our open carry radio spots will run on the stations below for at least one week to welcome the legislators, staff, and hoards of reporters, pundits, policy wonks, and lobbiests arriving for the start of the legislative session. Samples of past radio spots can be found at http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/19127.html. [/align]
[align=left]The target footprint is the entire I-35 corrider from Waco to new braunfels![/align]
[align=left]Spread the word - tell your friends, family,and officemates to listen to these stations this week![/align]
[align=left]KLBJ AM 590 (News Talk) [/align]
[align=left]KKMJ FM "Majic" 95.5 (Adult Contemporary)[/align]
[align=left]KLBJ 93.7 FM Adult Rock[/align]
[align=left]KBPA 103.5 "Bob" FM (Classic Hits)[/align]
[align=left]KJCE 1370 AM (Talk Radio)[/align]
[align=left]KASE 100.7 FM (Country)[/align]

Got SIG

imported post

Hello: I live in Dallas I have yet to hear,any type of advertismet. How can i help. Also when will we learn when the open carry gets passed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.:idea:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Got SIG wrote:
Hello: I live in Dallas I have yet to hear,any type of advertismet. How can i help. Also when will we learn when the open carry gets passed. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.:idea:
Sign the petition, sdee the link to contact your legislators, and keep in touch with them to make sure it;s passed! BTW, radio ads pounded DWF for 2 weeks - we spent a ton of money over many staions.

AustinTacticalFirearms

imported post

Got SIG wrote:
On Tuesday the 13th, we'd tried to schedule a group to get to the capitol to meet with our legislators on the first day of the session. We had some miscommunication, and some of us never found the others. However, a couple got in to see some of our representatives and passed out flyers and such. From what I hear, Rep. Riddle is crafting a bill, and it may be ready in a couple weeks. Seriously, contact your elected official by phone. If you do it over email, you'll likely get a canned response and they won't read your request.

You can see our thread here.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum51/15883.html

I'm also friends with Michael at Dallas Target and Action Shooters (http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Target/). I've been keeping him abreast of some of the challenges and he's been passing that information on to his group members.