• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1911 and m1 carbine for sale

uncoolperson

imported post

lots of toys and goodies for each

1911 is has a springfield stamp, but made by colt... which is correct for one built in 1918

m1 I believe is an inland off the serial#

I posted this over there... but the thread wasn't all that well titled, so I'll try again
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/16061.html

way too close to out of debt, and I want a new toy (like the rest of the world, an AR)

heresolong

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
lots of toys and goodies for each

1911 is has a springfield stamp, but made by colt... which is correct for one built in 1918

m1 I believe is an inland off the serial#

I posted this over there... but the thread wasn't all that well titled, so I'll try again
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/16061.html

way too close to out of debt, and I want a new toy (like the rest of the world, an AR)
Wow. I'd love the 1911 but right now is not a good time for me to be spending money. My grandad brought his back from the war in 1945 (manufactured in 1918) but it got stolen from my uncle's house in about 1983. I have the serial but have pretty much written off ever getting it back. I'm sure it has been destroyed by now. I have wanted one for quite some time, however. Good luck with your sales and with your new toys.

Just so you know, Springfield Armory (not the company that operates under that name right now but the actual government armory) started building these under license during WWI due to high demand.

You may also be interested in the Gospel According to John (Moses Browning), available here.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/jmb.htm

Cougar125

imported post

I like the carbine, but I'm trying to pick up some SKS and other toys before the libs try taking them away.

uncoolperson

imported post

both are still for sale, something more important than guns came up with the prospective buyer (i guess people are free to believe there's more important things than guns...just kidding man)

uncoolperson

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
How about $500 and some reloading stuff?
I have more reloading stuff than I can use at the moment. Thanks for the enthusiastic interest (and in hindsight not taking offense to what with the flaws of typed responses could be considered offensive...)

surfj9009

imported post

Hmmm. Well, crap!! I just bought a Springfield M1A Socom and a Taurus Judge!!

Never enough money or stuff to trade. I have an upper for sale though, maybe when it sells I can buy you Carbine if it is still around. the bidding on it is up to $605 right now.

i also hope to have my Grendel sold soon too.

I am going to send you another PM.

uncoolperson

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:

Never enough money or stuff to trade. I have an upper for sale though, maybe when it sells I can buy you Carbine if it is still around. the bidding on it is up to $605 right now.

for everyone that owns a m1a socom the prices are double out of jealousy
(kidding of course)

shad0wfax

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
surfj9009 wrote:

for everyone that owns a m1a socom the prices are double out of jealousy
(kidding of course)

Congratulations on your purchase surf. I'm still in love with my SOCOM 16!

And don't worry uncoolperson, the prices doubled on the SOCOMS themselves so we can afford it if we bought ours long enough ago. :celebrateNeener neener! (kidding too hehe) All joking aside, I'd love to have an early model 1911 like you have for sale, but I know I can't afford it.

shad0wfax

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
I was in Big 5 today and saw an Inland M1 Carbine that was selling for $1000:shock:
Sheesh. I'm assuming it was one of the more collectable numbers matching rare serial numbers or something? I don't know all that much about the M1 Carbines. I know there were some very collectable models and there are also some that will only sell for a few bills.

shad0wfax

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
It wasn't a collectible at all from what i know. It was an Inland that was reimported from Korea. Same rifle you can buy from the CMP.

http://www.thecmp.org/m1carbine.htm

Ah OK. I can't believe they'd want double the CMP price for a non-collectible. I think it was the Rockola's I was thinking of when I was asking about the collectible stuff. on a side noteI think it would be fun to have an M1 Carbine made by IBM!