• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lafayette January Meet

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Well the NRA shoot thread has inspired me to start this thread since everyone carries to the dinners in Tidewater, but can they shoot? Lets try to plan something on a weekend since I have three day weekends now:celebrate We could also put a dinner after it if need be which in turn would also allow many people who can not go during the week to come out and enjoy the OCDO dinners.:lol: Not 100% sure on a date yet but I would like to get a general idea of what weekend or friday works for everyone?

6L6GC

imported post

sounds like a good idea to me. I shoot at the Lafayette Gun Club all the time. If it's a Friday it would have to be around 1800 hours since I don't get home from work till after 1700.

Saturdays would be good for me except the 24th and 25th I will be working at the gun show those two days. The 30th and 31st I will be helping our son move into his new house. Any other time is wide open for me.

Does it matter what we bring to shoot?

CRF250rider1000

imported post

As members we can have a couple of guests with us as long as they are behaving and shooting in a safe manor. Non members will just be given a rundown of the rules before we go:lol: note: no automatics, no .50 BMG, and only paper targets

C

ccloud43

imported post

I can do it on a weekend if it is around 5:00 pm or still going on at that time. I have to work untill 3:30.

darthmord

imported post

I can make it pretty much whenever wherever. Except for this weekend before 5pm.

If someone will just post / when, I'll try to show up.

Gdyup61

imported post

Hello from Williamsburg, I just read about the Lafayette Gun Club tonight and then saw your post that you're a member? Or do you just shoot there? Either way, I'd like to find out more. I've read everything on the website and realize that I'd need a sponsor to submit an application. Would you recommend just calling to schedule a time to check out the place?

Any insight appreciated.

Regards, Gary...

Renegade

imported post

No only do I live in the subdivision adjoining Lafayette, I am a member also!

Let me know when everyone is heading over and I will make it.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I hope you all have snorkel parkas and heavy gloves. The indoor range has forced draft ventilation and the ambient temps will be in the 30's the next 4-5 days!:shock:

I'll see you folks in March or something.....

CRF250rider1000

imported post

I should be available next weekend 23-25. This weekend I will be home and the last weekend of January I'm going to stay with a girl at JMU:cool: When is the next dinner by the way? lets get the ball rolling on that. Wednesday, and friday-sunday work the best for me. I can do tues or thurs but dont get out till 7. Mondays are no good I have class 420-10pm

MSgt B

imported post

I'm scheduled to work straight through the 23-25 weekend, but I'm off by about 1800; so if it's in the evening I'm there.

I'm definitely going to be at the club the next weekend, I have RO duty Saturday morning, the 31st.