Thread: Early Voting OC

Post imported post

I went to early voting today for a Nashville special election. I took my mother along and she was still reading the sample ballot posted on the wall when I was finished voting. Having placed my "I Voted" sticker on my holster, I decided to have a seat in a chair near the entrance to the Election Commission building and I had this brief conversation with a poll worker (gentleman in his early 60's I'd presume).

Poll Worker: "What are you doing there?"

Me: "Just waiting for my mother to vote."

PW: "Ah, I thought you might be planning to shoot all the dead people who may be coming in to vote. They do that, you know, in Memphis"

Me with a big smile: "You Know a Zombie Squad at polling places would not be a bad idea."

PW laughing: "Yep, keep them zombies outa Nashville. Have a nice day."

Post imported post

Bringing a gun, CC or OC, to a polling place is illegal under Tennessee state law. I would count yourself very fortunate you didnt have the cops called and lose your HCP.

Not that I agree with the law, but it is the law.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

WCrawford wrote:
    SNIP [The OP]
    ROFL!!!!!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Of course you didn't have a trusty video camera rolling to capture this.

Dang it, WC!!!!

Having that on video would have been priceless.

Post imported post

crotalus01 wrote:
    Bringing a gun, CC or OC, to a polling place is illegal under Tennessee state law. I would count yourself very fortunate you didnt have the cops called and lose your HCP.

Not that I agree with the law, but it is the law.

No...it is not against the law. Unless the polling place is in a school.

The only law I know about polling places and firearms is that an armed LEO can not come with in 10 ft of a polling place unless asked to be a pole worker or to vote or arrest someone. And it really doesn't mention being armed.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

My normal polling place is a elementary school, that is the reason I go to early voting at the Election Commission offices. One of the few Metro Nashville buildings I've seen that isn't posted and the Wackenhut guards always seem too busy doing crosswords to even notice.

And as my short conversation with the poll worker indicated, he could care less that I was carrying (I'd bet he was carrying too but concealed).