Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flint Lunch anyone?

Post imported post

This coming sunday, the 11th, I'd like to have an informal lunch or breakfast meeting in Flint. I'm thinking the Capitol coney, southeast corner of Van Slyke, and Bristol, just a hair east of US 23. Any takers?
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I'm there. FYI it is actually I-75/23 the devils in the details right?

Post imported post

I can make it. Just say what time.

hidehunter

Post imported post

I'm going to the Pit that day, so count me and some friends as a maybe. But if this pesky ass cold isn't gone by then, I'll skip the coney trip, because I don't want to give it to anyone else.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

How about noon?
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

I am going to try to be in the area for SAFR Family Firearm Day http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/20382.html

If I'm in the area I'd love to do lunch!

Post imported post

Can I come? I would'nt want to embarass anyone by "bringing on the rain", so to speak. After all, I seem to be getting a rep for drawing attention. (gotta be the hat)

You should set this up and have it posted on the events thread. It might also be a good idea to start having an alternate place to go if we are asked to leave/cover up....just in case. Then if needed we can all leave en mass and meet at the alternate site. Just a suggestion.

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Can I come? I would'nt want to embarass anyone by "bringing on the rain", so to speak. After all, I seem to be getting a rep for drawing attention. (gotta be the hat)

You should set this up and have it posted on the events thread. It might also be a good idea to start having an alternate place to go if we are asked to leave/cover up....just in case. Then if needed we can all leave en mass and meet at the alternate site. Just a suggestion.
    Of course, just leave the hat in the car, k?

I was considering Venus originally, but if we have a large group, we'd have to get several adjacent booths. It might be a good backup location. Also, there is the Golden Buffet, on Fenton, north of Hemphill.

1776"

Post imported post

I just got around to reading your experience at the Home Depot last April, and am impressed by how you handled Mr. Chief. You are welcome anytime, Warchild.

1776"

Post imported post

I'll do my best to be there.

FYI - if ANYBODY is asked to leave or cover up, I will be leaving.. even the rest of the group decides to stay (which is absolutely OK)

Post imported post

I should be able to make it provided that the snow doesn't make me a prisoner in my own neighborhood again!!! LOL, might have a couple "tag alongs"...

Post imported post

I will bring my envelope full of the info flyers to pass out. Also just in case, if we are asked to cover or leave, I will make it a point to leave one for the manager to review while he's thinking about the money he just lost.

Sorry the hat stays on, my hairline gets cold.:P

Post imported post

We'll try to get you a proper seat this time Jerry & not leave you hanging out in the aisle!

Also Jerry, if you're not planning on attending the Family Firearms day, could you bring along some extra flyers so we can hand them out there? I promise I'll keep one for myself & make my own copies for "next time".

And as an alternate get together spot that is close by with lots of room, if we've already ate & still want to chat, we could skip on down to Donna's Donuts.

Post imported post

No problem, I will make a few extra flyers just for you. :P

ETA: All done. I made 10 copies in an envelope just for you......

Forgot to add.... you can download a copy of the brochure from the new member info thread and print all you need... just FYI.... you can still have mine.

Post imported post

FYI, I posted the Flint "meet & eat" as a MOC event on the new FaceBook group site. Let me know if this attracts anyone to the meeting - I expect it will not.

Post imported post

I might be interested. are we meeting for breakfast or lunch? also has anyone thought about westside diner on ballenger just north of miller? I have opened carried there many times. they also have excellent breakfast specials. I can get 1 egg bacon toast and hashbrowns for $3.06 out the door just thought I would through that out there.

let me know.

Post imported post

I'm going to switch over to tentative. I have plans to go to the gun show in Birch Run with a friend, so I'm not sure if the timing will work out.

Post imported post

well i guess i am going.stayed out late last night and closed the bar so i wake up really late about three p.m and jerry is the first person i see.he was on our computer.he is everywhere aaaaaaaaaa.mrs ruger was listing to the show.

Post imported post

sexfreak wrote:
    I might be interested. are we meeting for breakfast or lunch? also has anyone thought about westside diner on ballenger just north of miller? I have opened carried there many times. they also have excellent breakfast specials. I can get 1 egg bacon toast and hashbrowns for $3.06 out the door just thought I would through that out there.

let me know.
    We are meeting at noon. I'm gonna guess you can get breakfast then if you like. That is my intention!

Set up another meeting for Westside sometime soon. I'm sure you'll get some positive responses.

1776"

Post imported post

it seems that the meetings start out as lets get breakfast somehwere then turns into lunch

Post imported post

Ok count me as a possible, might stop in for a coffee

Post imported post

Hope to see you there

1776"

Post imported post

My cold is almost gone, but I'm a maybe at this point. Might have to go blow some snow in the morning, so I might be running out that way a bit late. But if I do come, I'll bring 2 people with me.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

I'll be there. I'll have a small table flag (paper) with the MOC on it. I'll set it on the table so our members can find the group, although we will most likely be the only ones OCing
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Wow, lots of response. Not bad for three days notice. I'll see you folks at lunch. Drive carefully.

1776"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast