• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flint Lunch anyone?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

This coming sunday, the 11th, I'd like to have an informal lunch or breakfast meeting in Flint. I'm thinking the Capitol coney, southeast corner of Van Slyke, and Bristol, just a hair east of US 23. Any takers?

Michigander

imported post

I'm going to the Pit that day, so count me and some friends as a maybe. But if this pesky ass cold isn't gone by then, I'll skip the coney trip, because I don't want to give it to anyone else.

WARCHILD

imported post

Can I come? I would'nt want to embarass anyone by "bringing on the rain", so to speak. After all, I seem to be getting a rep for drawing attention.:uhoh: (gotta be the hat)

You should set this up and have it posted on the events thread. It might also be a good idea to start having an alternate place to go if we are asked to leave/cover up....just in case. Then if needed we can all leave en mass and meet at the alternate site. Just a suggestion.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Can I come? I would'nt want to embarass anyone by "bringing on the rain", so to speak. After all, I seem to be getting a rep for drawing attention.:uhoh: (gotta be the hat)

You should set this up and have it posted on the events thread. It might also be a good idea to start having an alternate place to go if we are asked to leave/cover up....just in case. Then if needed we can all leave en mass and meet at the alternate site. Just a suggestion.
Of course, just leave the hat in the car, k? :D

I was considering Venus originally, but if we have a large group, we'd have to get several adjacent booths. It might be a good backup location. Also, there is the Golden Buffet, on Fenton, north of Hemphill.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

I just got around to reading your experience at the Home Depot last April, and am impressed by how you handled Mr. Chief. You are welcome anytime, Warchild.

tygereye

imported post

I should be able to make it provided that the snow doesn't make me a prisoner in my own neighborhood again!!! LOL, might have a couple "tag alongs"...

WARCHILD

imported post

I will bring my envelope full of the info flyers to pass out. Also just in case, if we are asked to cover or leave, I will make it a point to leave one for the manager to review while he's thinking about the money he just lost.

Sorry the hat stays on, my hairline gets cold.:p

MrsRuger45

imported post

We'll try to get you a proper seat this time Jerry & not leave you hanging out in the aisle! ;)

Also Jerry, if you're not planning on attending the Family Firearms day, could you bring along some extra flyers so we can hand them out there? I promise I'll keep one for myself & make my own copies for "next time".

And as an alternate get together spot that is close by with lots of room, if we've already ate & still want to chat, we could skip on down to Donna's Donuts. :cool:

WARCHILD

imported post

No problem, I will make a few extra flyers just for you. :p

ETA: All done. I made 10 copies in an envelope just for you......:cool:

Forgot to add.... you can download a copy of the brochure from the new member info thread and print all you need... just FYI.... you can still have mine.:D

Hcidem

imported post

FYI, I posted the Flint "meet & eat" as a MOC event on the new FaceBook group site. Let me know if this attracts anyone to the meeting - I expect it will not.

sexfreak

imported post

I might be interested. are we meeting for breakfast or lunch? also has anyone thought about westside diner on ballenger just north of miller? I have opened carried there many times. they also have excellent breakfast specials. I can get 1 egg bacon toast and hashbrowns for $3.06 out the door :) just thought I would through that out there.

let me know.

ruger45

imported post

well i guess i am going.stayed out late last night and closed the bar so i wake up really late about three p.m and jerry is the first person i see.he was on our computer.he is everywhere aaaaaaaaaa.mrs ruger was listing to the show.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

sexfreak wrote:
I might be interested. are we meeting for breakfast or lunch? also has anyone thought about westside diner on ballenger just north of miller? I have opened carried there many times. they also have excellent breakfast specials. I can get 1 egg bacon toast and hashbrowns for $3.06 out the door :) just thought I would through that out there.

let me know.
We are meeting at noon. I'm gonna guess you can get breakfast then if you like. That is my intention!

Set up another meeting for Westside sometime soon. I'm sure you'll get some positive responses. :)