Thread: Countries that allow Firearms

Post imported post

What countries allow their people to own firearms in a majority? Such as the US. even though that is diminishing.

Australia you need to show just cause (or something to that effect) for owning one. Such as hunting and collecting. Canada has a lot of restrictions it seems.

So aside from crap holes with little to no government and/or enforcement (ie Mexico, Somalia, Iraq, Niger)what countries allow them?

Post imported post

I could be completely wrong on any claims here:

Israel. If you carry, you cannot have a round in the chamber

Switzerland. Every household is required to have a firearm, but citizens keep their issued arms after a 2 years mandatory service

Post imported post

I don't think that's a law in Israel anymore, but I don't know for sure. It come about originally because they had crappy weapons that did go off when dropped, and sometimes because the wind changed direction. That's where the term "Israeli carry" came from.

Way to go Switzerland! Way to kick ass and be awesome! I wish I could have kept my M-4 when I got out.

Post imported post

Switzerland as mentioned, and I believe Norway if I remember right, are basically organized like the US is supposed to be with a system of armed citizens, but they have much tighter regulations about storage, and as I recall, they don't allow most people to carry.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Here is a link you might find interesting. As usual, don't take everything that Wiki has to say as gospel, but its more than likely more right than wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_control

Post imported post

Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Israel, Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan, Croatia, MonteAfrican American, Serbia, Albania. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

Post imported post

Philippines.

Anywhere you can buy a FA CZ75 for around $700-800 or a 249 SAW, is a fun place for me.

I'll say that again: You can buy a belt fed, full auto M249 Squad automatic weapon, yee haw!

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=90741

Post imported post

Art Bell live in the Philippines for a littlewhile, and almostEVERYBODY carried a gun. That included weapons that are illegal here, such as sawed-off shotguns. He talked about going into restaurants wheresome of the waitstaffwould be armed.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I went to the philippines in 2003. We went to the big mall on Cebu island. me and about 12 others went up to the money changing counter, and the rent-a-cop cocked his sawed off 12-gauge and aimed it at us (from the hip). I prayed the whole time that kid didn't sneeze and maim/kill us all.

Post imported post

Okay so what is the violent crime rate in the Phillipines, IE armed robbery, rape, murder? Anyone know?
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    I went to the philippines in 2003. We went to the big mall on Cebu island. me and about 12 others went up to the money changing counter, and the rent-a-cop cocked his sawed off 12-gauge and aimed it at us (from the hip). I prayed the whole time that kid didn't sneeze and maim/kill us all.

Isn't that how everyone wants it to be here? I thought an armed society is a polite society? And all that freedom and risk stuff... and innate rights...

Banned

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:

Isn't that how everyone wants it to be here? I thought an armed society is a polite society? And all that freedom and risk stuff... and innate rights...
    i agree only us cops should be armed.

Post imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
    Okay so what is the violent crime rate in the Phillipines, IE armed robbery, rape, murder? Anyone know?
    Not more than what we have in the US. And not more violent than what we see here. Furthermore, they hang people there. There are about a dozen or two "henious crimes" where you will get the death penalty once convicted, no need for a sentencing hearing.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:

An armed society with trigger discipline, please.

Banned

Post imported post

kerchaulk wrote:
    An armed society with trigger discipline, please.
    Impossible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-8mD_BhrU

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:

That doesn't sound like and "Armed Society" to me. It sounds more like the person in authority was the only one that was armed, and the regular citizens (subjects) were put at risk because of it, with no way to defend themselves. Seems more like the OPPOSITE of an Armed Society.

Banned

Post imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:

That doesn't sound like and "Armed Society" to me. It sounds more like the person in authority was the only one that was armed, and the regular citizens (subjects) were put at risk because of it, with no way to defend themselves. Seems more like the OPPOSITE of an Armed Society.

The better situation would be that they had guns too and it could have been a stand-off? An armed society is not a polite society because guns aren't the solution to all problems. That's the point I was making. You can't shoot someone because you get into an argument with them.