• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First day Open carrying for me 1/8/09

Brandan.45XD

imported post

Well today was the first time i open carried today and boy i was nervous. I chose today cause i had alittle shopping to do and my girlfriend was gonna be at school and i thought it would be a primetime to carry today cause i didnt want to carry and my girlfriend to be with me and if a police officer stopped me i didnt want her freaking out if i was detained or arrested. So like always i check my gun to make sure there is no obstruction or interfernce with the barrel i check my mag and i head out after locking up my firearm in the trunk of my car and secured the mag in the glovebox i headed to my local meijers where onc ei parked and grabbed my mag i retrieved my firearm from the trunk man i was so nervous cause i feel that most ppl will call the cops while your pulling your gun out of the trunk cause they dont know what your doing or motive you have all they see is a gun... anyways I put my .45 xd 5" tact in my lvlII serpa holster then I poped the mag in I didnt put one in the chamber just cause it was my first time and i felt if i had to pull i learned the 5 action pull where it covers rackking one in the chamber which i have it down to about .7 of a sec to pul rack and aim and even less if its a straight pull, any wwho i went in side grabbed a cart and proceeded to shop, I got acouple of stare and heard acouple of ppl say damn look at that gun but it didnt bother me i just kept shopping but i felt like any moment i would turn a corner and i'd have a LEO breathing down my neck but it didnt happen. and note i have seen people OC in the store i was in before so i wasnt that worried but i still felt like i might run into a LEO.

I finished my shopping paid and left and like i said before pulling the firearm out and unloading the mag to put back into my car was the worst thing cause ppl stare and im just not comfortable yet and am worrying once i leave if im going to see and cop car behind me cause someone call saying they saw a man with a gun getting into a car.

So let me know what you think and any advice or input id be thankful.

Brandan