• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SoCal OCers

ib12025a

imported post

Sorry about that, but if I quote it everytime, it eats up bandwidth.

J.A.G.

imported post

I would love to OC here in LA, and I would love to have a meet-up/get together here in LA as well. I'm just too damn nervous to open carry in this city, and I don't think I'm prepared yet. And I mean about dealing with the Police, not with my handling of a firearm.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You deal with the police like you would a child. You act like they have no real power and feed them slowly so they don't make a mess...

And I am joking btw. . . For those LEO bashing accusers...

Dealing with the police is understandably uncomfortable in most situations. I have had a lifetime of practice undermining peoples authority and am quite comfortable with it almost as if it comes naturally. That and the few years as the debate team captain didn't hurt either.

But seriously, don't give them an inch. Don't offer any information you are not required to and be firm in the knowledge of what they CAN and CAN NOT do and what you CAN and CAN NOT do.

I tried planning one or two of these gatherings and might do so as a celebration of completion of the trial. It is likely to end soon and I am strong that I will be cleared of any wrong.