Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kalamazoo meetup

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

We're looking to just meetup and have a good meal.

I received positive feedback from Theo & Stacy's. They just told me that they would like advance reservation for a group "our size" (I told them 10-15...). They have Greek and American food. Quite tasty and reasonably priced.

UPDATE
    The restaurant wants a definite head count on the morning of, so I need a yes or no from everyone on the Tentative list by Friday evening.

Also, since this is a sit-down restaurant, it would be immensely easier if those coming brought cash to pay for their meal. This isn't a requirement, but it is strongly encouraged. I don't know if they will split a bill 10-15 different ways, so to make things easier, Please bring cash.
    So let me know how many are coming (you, you+2, etc), and we'll start to nail this one down.

Where:Theo & Stacy's Restaurant - 4311 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
    Map: Google Maps
    When:[color=darkred] Saturday, Jan. 24, 2pm

Total confirmed coming: 23
    Zigziggityzoo+4
    quarter horseman
    Dr. Todd
    Mastiff69+1
    defcon1+1
    jmlefler
    Kovernm+1
    Bronson
    Kimberguy+1
    Birds
    XD-40+1
    dougwg
    bobn911
    xd9sc

Total tentative coming: 6
    Dr. Todd's guest
    defcon1's son+1
    Kimberguy's 2 guests.

Will update as needed.

Post imported post

I'm always on call, so I'm always going to be a tenative. That said, I've no problem with any of those dates.

quarter horseman already posted agreement with the 24th. Since that is right around the corner, we should get this thing roiling quickly. Hopefully there will be some timely responses.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm in Dorr if anyone from GR areawants to car pool please let me know I have room for 4 others.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    So I'm taking initiative. My family wants to go to an OC meetup, so I'm making one.

The plan so far... Exploring dates:

Jan. 24th *looking like the stronger candidate
    Feb. 7th
    Feb. 21st

We're looking to just meetup and have a good meal.

I received positive feedback from Theo & Stacy's. They just told me that they would like advance reservation for a group "our size" (I told them 10-15...). They have Greek and American food. Quite tasty and reasonably priced.

So let me know what date works best, how many are coming, and we'll start to nail this one down.

Where:Theo & Stacy's Restaurant
    When:Saturday, TBD. 1pm

Total confirmed coming: 5
    Total tentative coming: 1

Will update as needed.
    Zig, I did a search for Theo & Stacy's to get the full address and map and there appears to be 3 different locations for that restaurant in Kalamazoo. Which one of the 3 will you be meeting at?

Oops!!! Nevermined.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

updated the listing.

Post imported post

FYI, I posted the Kalamazoo "meet & eat" as a MOC event on the new FaceBook group site. Let me know if this attracts anyone to the meeting - I expect it will not.

Edit: I also posted it on the SAFR forum.

Post imported post

Most times I really love working on the weekends ...then there are the times like this :?

I'll be there in spirit but I'm running short on personal time after the holidays and my bouts with the plague.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

I hope more people reply to this. Oddly enough, of all the people who said they'd be interested in a Kalamazoo meet, none of them seem to actually be from Kalamazoo, and one listed his location as "West Michigan".

Post imported post

put me down for a maybe, if I'm not working, if my wife's not in the hospital, you get the idea, if I'm free I'll be there.
    quarter horseman. if I can go, carpooling would be awesome.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Do we need to choose a different date? I personally would like a bigger group to introduce my parents and sister and her husband to OC to .

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    Do we need to choose a different date? I personally would like a bigger group to introduce my parents and sister and her husband to OC to .
    Have you PM'd everyone who initially said they would be interested in a K'zoo meet?

Might try that and see what they think.

Post imported post

I think I can make it... just saw it today and needed to check my schedule. Put me down for one (maybe 2).
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Oh... almost forgot. I can drive (from GR area) and have cpl so anyone needing a ride or having transport issues due to lack of CPL, feel free to pm me
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

My wife and I are both off on the 24th, so put us down for a maybe.........depends on the weather or any weird emergencies. Would be my first meet and something I've been looking forward to.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

updated... About as many tentatives as not. And the only reason there are lots coming is because I'm bringing 4!

I hope to see most of you come.

I will add that the owners have no problems with us carrying. So Carry On! :celebrate

Post imported post

Sounds good to me. I'm in town and pretty close to Theo & Stacy's. I'll watch for updates or let me know if you need some 'in town' help.

Carry on

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

jmlefler wrote:
    Sounds good to me.* I'm in town and pretty close to Theo & Stacy's.* I'll watch for updates or let me know if you need some 'in town' help.

Carry on
    This mean you're coming?

Post imported post

I'm going to try to finagle something at work that will let me attend the meet & eat in Kazoo on the 24th. I can't promise anything but I'll try.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Change our status from maybe to likely and after talking to my son last night, puthimand his soon-to-be wife down as possible.

Post imported post

Change our status from maybe to likely and after talking to my son last night, puthimand his soon-to-be wife down as possible.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    jmlefler wrote:
    Sounds good to me. I'm in town and pretty close to Theo & Stacy's. I'll watch for updates or let me know if you need some 'in town' help.

Carry on
    This mean you're coming?
    As of now, yes. I'm also going to post this on the MGO forum.

Carry on

Post imported post

It has already been posted there under "Open Carry Lunch in Kalamazoo." I would have PMed you, jmlefler, but I cannot access that action. Do you have it disabled?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

UPDATE

I just heard from Theo & Stacy's. In order to accommodate a group of our size, the time will have to be changed from 1pm to 2pm. Is this ok with everyone?

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar

Post imported post

No problem here.

Post imported post

Fine w/ me too...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast