• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kalamazoo meetup

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

We're looking to just meetup and have a good meal.

I received positive feedback from Theo & Stacy's. They just told me that they would like advance reservation for a group "our size" (I told them 10-15...). They have Greek and American food. Quite tasty and reasonably priced.

UPDATE
The restaurant wants a definite head count on the morning of, so I need a yes or no from everyone on the Tentative list by Friday evening.

Also, since this is a sit-down restaurant, it would be immensely easier if those coming brought cash to pay for their meal. This isn't a requirement, but it is strongly encouraged. I don't know if they will split a bill 10-15 different ways, so to make things easier, Please bring cash.
So let me know how many are coming (you, you+2, etc), and we'll start to nail this one down.

Where:Theo & Stacy's Restaurant - 4311 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
Map: Google Maps
When: Saturday, Jan. 24, 2pm

Total confirmed coming: 23
Zigziggityzoo+4
quarter horseman
Dr. Todd
Mastiff69+1
defcon1+1
jmlefler
Kovernm+1
Bronson
Kimberguy+1
Birds
XD-40+1
dougwg
bobn911
xd9sc

Total tentative coming: 6
Dr. Todd's guest
defcon1's son+1
Kimberguy's 2 guests.

Will update as needed.

ghostrider

imported post

I'm always on call, so I'm always going to be a tenative. That said, I've no problem with any of those dates.

quarter horseman already posted agreement with the 24th. Since that is right around the corner, we should get this thing roiling quickly. Hopefully there will be some timely responses.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
So I'm taking initiative. My family wants to go to an OC meetup, so I'm making one.

The plan so far... Exploring dates:

Jan. 24th *looking like the stronger candidate
Feb. 7th
Feb. 21st

We're looking to just meetup and have a good meal.

I received positive feedback from Theo & Stacy's. They just told me that they would like advance reservation for a group "our size" (I told them 10-15...). They have Greek and American food. Quite tasty and reasonably priced.

So let me know what date works best, how many are coming, and we'll start to nail this one down.

Where:Theo & Stacy's Restaurant
When:Saturday, TBD. 1pm

Total confirmed coming: 5
Total tentative coming: 1

Will update as needed.

Zig, I did a search for Theo & Stacy's to get the full address and map and there appears to be 3 different locations for that restaurant in Kalamazoo. Which one of the 3 will you be meeting at?

Oops!!! Nevermined. :lol:

Hcidem

imported post

FYI, I posted the Kalamazoo "meet & eat" as a MOC event on the new FaceBook group site. Let me know if this attracts anyone to the meeting - I expect it will not.

Edit: I also posted it on the SAFR forum.

Bronson

imported post

Most times I really love working on the weekends ...then there are the times like this :?

I'll be there in spirit but I'm running short on personal time after the holidays and my bouts with the plague.

Bronson

ghostrider

imported post

I hope more people reply to this. Oddly enough, of all the people who said they'd be interested in a Kalamazoo meet, none of them seem to actually be from Kalamazoo, and one listed his location as "West Michigan".

joshuaeberly

imported post

put me down for a maybe, if I'm not working, if my wife's not in the hospital, you get the idea, if I'm free I'll be there.
quarter horseman. if I can go, carpooling would be awesome.

ghostrider

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Do we need to choose a different date? I personally would like a bigger group to introduce my parents and sister and her husband to OC to :cool:.
Have you PM'd everyone who initially said they would be interested in a K'zoo meet?

Might try that and see what they think.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Oh... almost forgot. I can drive (from GR area) and have cpl so anyone needing a ride or having transport issues due to lack of CPL, feel free to pm me

hud

imported post

My wife and I are both off on the 24th, so put us down for a maybe.........depends on the weather or any weird emergencies. Would be my first meet and something I've been looking forward to.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

updated... About as many tentatives as not. And the only reason there are lots coming is because I'm bringing 4!

I hope to see most of you come.

I will add that the owners have no problems with us carrying. So Carry On! :celebrate

jmlefler

imported post

Sounds good to me. I'm in town and pretty close to Theo & Stacy's. I'll watch for updates or let me know if you need some 'in town' help.

Carry on

Bronson

imported post

I'm going to try to finagle something at work that will let me attend the meet & eat in Kazoo on the 24th. I can't promise anything but I'll try.

Bronson

hud

imported post

Change our status from maybe to likely and after talking to my son last night, puthimand his soon-to-be wife down as possible.

hud

imported post

Change our status from maybe to likely and after talking to my son last night, puthimand his soon-to-be wife down as possible.