• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yes or No? Plain and Simple?

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I where mine at all times openly when i am at my house, always. It doesn't matter what i am doing it is strapped on my side and i have yet to have LEO's show up at my home, now i have had a few heads turn at me but no calls.

ironclad

Opt-Out Members
imported post

nking wrote:
I wear mine at all times openly when i am at my house, always. It doesn't matter what i am doing it is strapped on my side and i have yet to have LEO's show up at my home, now i have had a few heads turn at me but no calls.

Mr NKing,

You live in Vernon? Sounds like you live where people aren't crazy, and neighbors are friendly. I've decided I am going to move!...really, I am!!

I'm making a list... and putting Vernon on it.

ironclad

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Not much there, except Peace and Quiet!? Sounds great. Yur sure lucky, there!

You wouldn't have to worry about me drag racing... I am a certified Old Fart... who gets around on a cane half the time. Good looking women don't even get me going, anymore. The only times I rev it up, is when I'm on my way to fishing or hunting.

I wish that you could live here in my house, in the Dallas area for just a short while... the certified national violent killing ground of the nation...next to Detroit and Philadelphia... so you could get it...how lucky you are...living in Vernon! Stop, take a breath, look around you, count your blessings.

nking

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

oh i do, now i am up there quite often,,, my dad lives in burleson and my brother in law lives in FT Worth and i have some family livin in Granbury as well, do alot of fishing around your parts as well, but ya i do enjoy my peace n quite.

KBCraig

imported post

David817 wrote:
I don't know about Dallas County, but Tarrant will charge you with making a terroristic threat for "brandishing", and with aggrivated assault if you raise it. That can apply equally for a pocket knife or a firearm. I can't quote the section of the penal code, but have seen it first hand.
I'll happily quote the Code to you, and state that they would have a helluva time making such a charge stick.

Terroristic threat:
§ 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT.
(a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:
(1) cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;
[/b](2) place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;[/b]
(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, place of employment or occupation, aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance, or other public place;
(4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;
(5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or
(6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

If PC 22.07(a)(2) were interpreted liberally, it would be illegal to ever defend yourself with a firearm, because just producing it would "place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury". The thing is, that's not your intent when you draw, your intent is to defend yourself against the unlawful use of deadly force, or the other justifications found in the Code.

Aggravated assault (have to quote Assault first, for context):
§ 22.01. ASSAULT.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse;
(2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or
(3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.

§ 22.02. AGGRAVATED ASSAULT.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in § 22.01 and the person:
(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or
(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.

When you keep the elements of intent in mind, it's clear that you have to actually threaten someone, or harm them, to be guilty of any of the above.