• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in the Midland Area

SQLtables

imported post

Well, I have a friend or two in the Midland area that are interested in OC. One of them has a schedule that doesn't usually allow him to attend events on the weekends. I work a 9-5 job.

That being said, would anybody be interested in a dinner meeting during the week sometime in the next couple of weeks? I figured we could just hit up McDonalds or something in Midland around 6 or 7, whatever works. If there are kids, we could go to the McDonalds on Saginaw, and let them run around the play area. Or we could go to any other restaurant that people want, it really doesn't matter.

I wouldn't even be opposed to heading out to the Midland County Sportsmans Club afterwards if we don't have a huge group that wants to go, since the indoor pistol range isn't that huge. I'd just have to make the non-members pay a $5 fee to shoot out there. I have a key, so it really doesn't matter what time we get out there either.

Any interest? Maybe sometime next week, or the week after?

SQLtables

imported post

I talked to one of my friends, and he said the week after next will work better for him.

What do you say we plan for Wednesday, January 21st at around 6:30pm?

As for the venue, to avoid places that serve alcohol we could go to Big Boy, Lil Chef, Bob Evans, or any fast food restaurant, unless somebody closer to Midland has a better suggestion?

conservative85

imported post

I'd try to make it. Maybe a friday so if we do go to the range we can stay out late:D

SQLtables

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
I'd try to make it. Maybe a friday so if we do go to the range we can stay out late:D
hehe, that's a good point, but I don't think a Friday will work. I'm hoping to do this in the middle of the week so we can include the weekend workers. I know at least one in Midland that will be there if it's not on the weekend. He's been wanting to come out, but he has to work when we usually have events.

Also, as a side note, I'm pretty available if anybody ever wants to get together in the area for a bite to eat and/or head to the range. Just let me know, and we can stay out as late as you want ;)

Taurus850CIA

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
I talked to one of my friends, and he said the week after next will work better for him.

What do you say we plan for Wednesday, January 21st at around 6:30pm?

As for the venue, to avoid places that serve alcohol we could go to Big Boy, Lil Chef, Bob Evans, or any fast food restaurant, unless somebody closer to Midland has a better suggestion?
Sounds good to me. It's an hour drive, so I'd just as soon sit down somewhere to eat, vs fast food, but it's your gig!

viperar15

imported post

absolutly. sounds like a great time. i may not be oc'ing yet, until i get my CPL just for ease and all that... etc.

if you can, keep me updated on date/time via smcrawfo at northernss dot com. I have been slightly busy at work lately and haven't had a chance to get here as much.

I'm normally free after 5pm during the week. anytime during the weekend (unless i get called into work... its one of those 24x7 jobs....)

edit... now that i read all the other posts...
21st @ 6:30 looks good at this moment
i think a sit down place would be good too.

SQLtables

imported post

OK, how about we meet at Bob Evans on Eastman in Midland on January 21st at 6:30pm?

Map to restaurant:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...,-84.246597&spn=0.113703,0.30899&z=12&iwloc=A

Is anybody interested in hitting up the sportsmans club after dinner? Any rimfire and non-magnum pistol rounds are allowed on the indoor range. It's not that big, so if there's a lot of interest, we'd just have to take turns at the line.

Hcidem

imported post

I have posted this event on both our FaceBook site and the SAFR forum threads. I don't expect to attract additionals, but let me know otherwise.

Edit: I also posted it on the MGO forum. Hopefully some of these postings will drive a little interest to the OCDO forums.

Hcidem

imported post

I had received word that the local indoor range was closed for business at one time. Is it open again, SQLtables?

What is the name an address of the range, anyway?

SQLtables

imported post

Hcidem wrote:
I had received word that the local indoor range was closed for business at one time. Is it open again, SQLtables?

What is the name an address of the range, anyway?
I'm not sure about any public ranges in Midland. I'm a member at the Midland County Sportsmans Club, and I have a key to the clubhouse. There is a pistol range in the basement. It's not that great, but it's always open to members.

Alright, I hate to do this, but would anybody who plans on going mind changing it to Tuesday the 20th? I have a couple of people that are interested, but their schedules are full on Wednesdays. Just looking for opinions.

HPC9

imported post

Depending on my wife's schedule, I could likely make it to something after 5 during the week. In the midland area.

I have been talking to a few people I know about guns and OC. Would anyone mind if I put a general invite out to anyone interested to come? Likely no one will respond but if they do it will be someone with little or no practical firearms knowledge. The reason I ask is I have a feeling this will push the discussion more towards firearms basics and less towards OC and the law.

Either way I put me down as tentative.

SQLtables

imported post

HPC9 wrote:
Depending on my wife's schedule, I could likely make it to something after 5 during the week. In the midland area.

I have been talking to a few people I know about guns and OC. Would anyone mind if I put a general invite out to anyone interested to come? Likely no one will respond but if they do it will be someone with little or no practical firearms knowledge. The reason I ask is I have a feeling this will push the discussion more towards firearms basics and less towards OC and the law.

Either way I put me down as tentative.
Everybody is welcome. Obviously, they shouldn't be carrying with little to no experience, but they are always welcome to hang out with us, as far as I'm concerned.

For the date, I say let's officially set it for Tuesday the 20th at 6:30pm at Bob Evans.