• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in the Midland Area

viperar15

imported post

just as a quick update. i didn't end up going out shooting after dinner (several of the other guys ended up going out to the club), but...

9 guys showed up.
3 or 4 carrying.
nothing happened, other then us talking, eating dinner, and i know a couple pictures got taken.

i'll get the pic off my cam tomorrow. someone else got a picture too.

HPC9

imported post

First off I must apologize for my Epic Failure. I forgot everything.:banghead:
It was all in my laptop bag next to the door ready to go a day in advance. :banghead:
My wife cleaned the house and put my laptop bag away. Out of sight, out of mind. :banghead:
And to make matters worse my pictures are all blurry. :cuss:

Otherwise we had a nice night.:) I was great to see everyone there.

XDBassist

imported post

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, but I'm the guy in that pic all the way to the left and the guy next to me is my dad. My name is Rob and I play bass in a band with SQLtables and we belong to the Midland County Sportsmans club. He's been working on me for a while about open carrying. It wasmy first time at an open carry meeting and both my dad and I are now interested. Thank you to everyone for coming to Midland. We had a great time at our range too...I think we ended being out until 1 am. LOL. More talking than shooting went on I think. Oh viper add one more to that count of those carrying...there's an XD on my right hip there somewhere...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

XDBassist wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, but I'm the guy in that pic all the way to the left and the guy next to me is my dad. My name is Rob and I play bass in a band with SQLtables and we belong to the Midland County Sportsmans club. He's been working on me for a while about open carrying. It wasmy first time at an open carry meeting and both my dad and I are now interested. Thank you to everyone for coming to Midland. We had a great time at our range too...I think we ended being out until 1 am. LOL. More talking than shooting went on I think. Oh viper add one more to that count of those carrying...there's an XD on my right hip there somewhere...
Welcome to OCDO XDBassist. Hopefully, you can get your father to register here as well.

SQLtables

imported post

XDBassist wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, but I'm the guy in that pic all the way to the left and the guy next to me is my dad. My name is Rob and I play bass in a band with SQLtables and we belong to the Midland County Sportsmans club. He's been working on me for a while about open carrying. It was my first time at an open carry meeting and both my dad and I are now interested. Thank you to everyone for coming to Midland. We had a great time at our range too...I think we ended being out until 1 am. LOL. More talking than shooting went on I think. Oh viper add one more to that count of those carrying...there's an XD on my right hip there somewhere...

Welcome!

Everyone: do not underestimate him just because he's a bass player :p

I had a good time at dinner and the range. It was nice to meet some new people. The turnout was better than I originally expected, so that's good.

I heard some interest in a lunch/dinner in Saginaw, so I'll be working on that in the near future. If anybody has any suggestions for a date and/or venue, let me know.

conservative85

imported post

Q. How do you know when a bass player is at the door trying to get in?
A. He keeps fumbling around trying to find the right key. ***

viperar15

imported post

As far as the Saginaw Event, I'm up to any date (except next week) :p I'll be out in South Haven for work.

Place: not sure.

But... I'll have a holster for my pistol and will OC for the first time.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XDBassist wrote:
Q. What do you do if a bass player comes to the door?

A.  Pay him for the pizza

Oh these remind me of the old Ohio State grad jokes.

Q.How do you get an OSU alum off your porch?
A.Pay him for the Pizza.

Q.What did the OSU grad say to the UMich grad?
A."Welcome to McDonald's. Can I take your order?"

Q. How many OSU football players does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Only one but he gets 3 credits and $1,000 for doing it.