• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Owosso Picnic

WARCHILD

imported post

I guess it's my turn to host a picnic. I will let everyone know now it will be scheduled for, Sunday, June 14th. This gives everybody 5 months to keep that day open. :cool: No excuses (except having to work). I have picked this day for a few reasons....
1. It is Flag Day
2. It is FREE fishing weekend
3. Bass season is open

I plan on having it at Hopkins Lake in E.Collamer Park, just south of Owosso. It has pavilions, hibachis, a sand volleyball court, plenty of parking and a fair size lake with some HUGE fish in it. I have caught 5lb large mouth bass out of it, along with tons of bluegills for the little ones to play with. Only drawback "No Swimming". Sorry! We can't quite have everything in one place. There is a floating dock (anchored to shore) and plenty of shore fishing available. Boats are allowed, electric motors only. I will have it posted on the events thread a little closer to the date. I have high hopes we can get at least 100 people for this one.

edit for corrections

Michigander

imported post

In the summer, when I don't have school, I'll probably be working with the union, and taking into account the union over time wages, there's probably no way I'll have to worry about working on a sunday. It's a long way away, but count me in. Hopefully with friends. :D

WARCHILD

imported post

Well I would be more than glad to make a deal with you on the trip.....give me your ticket back and then you only have to worry about it one way.:p I can even make sure and save you a burger and leave you my fishing pole, boat, truck, bills....wife..:cool:

mzbk2l

imported post

Be careful what you ask for, WARCHILD... you might just get it!

(The desert I'm playing in these days is a lot further away than the one in my profile location.... you might have to earn your handle if you come over here!) :)

warlockmatized

imported post

Teasing me with a nice event!!!

I plan on coming back for a visit this summer. Not sure exactly when BUT, hopefully it will land during a picnic/get together and I can see y'all again.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Jerry, the name of the park at Hopkins Lake you discussed on 3/21/09 SAS is Gerald E. Collamer Park that is just South of Baker College-Owosso. I'll add the correct name of the park to the Events Thread.