• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Owosso Picnic

Michigander

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
Teasing me with a nice event!!!

I plan on coming back for a visit this summer. Not sure exactly when BUT, hopefully it will land during a picnic/get together and I can see y'all again.

Set one up!

WARCHILD

imported post

Ok members, it's all set up.
I just reserved two pavilions for us...from 10 a.m. to dusk.
There was a $35 deposit...(refundable)... if we clean up after ourselves and don't damage any property.

WARCHILD

imported post

FYI: I will have my boat there. You will have to row unless you bring your own 12volt battery for the trolling motor. My batt. won't hold up all day. I will also bring a few extra fishing poles. You will have to have your own tackle/bait. I only use artificial..(and no one gets in my tackle box). For those of you who bring the "little ones" (please do), come see me if you need a pole. Mine are a collection of poles over the years and no harm if they get broke or fall in the water. I will be doing some fishing myself and if I get a good one on the hook I would like to hand my pole to one of the kids and watch them "haul one in". That's more exciting to watch than doing it myself (hold over from scouts).
That's all for now, will update any new info.
And remember....."PARTY ON DUDES"....:celebrate

tygereye

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Mine are a collection of poles over the years and no harm if they get broke or fall in the water. I will be doing some fishing myself and if I get a good one on the hook I would like to hand my pole to one of the kids and watch them "haul one in". That's more exciting to watch than doing it myself (hold over from scouts).
That's all for now, will update any new info.
And remember....."PARTY ON DUDES"....:celebrate
That sounds great, as I don't have any poles, and my daughter LOVES to fish... she has only ever caught little bluegills though... will bea kodak moment for sure!!!

Taurus850CIA

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
What if I wear a Nascar hat, put a number on my shirt, and run in big circles passing gas like a big block! Will that do? :p:p:p
I will want video of that to review after having days like today.

tygereye

imported post

I am going to have to change to a tenative :cry:. I happen to be moving that weekend starting Friday(anyone wanna help?? LOL Just kidding), and will be farther away... and quite busy. If I can make it, I will.... I have been looking forward to this picnic since it was originally planned. I will have a cooler, with ice, and pop if I do make it...

WARCHILD

imported post

6 days to go! As of right now the "weather" says chance of rain, but we all know how quickly that can change. Brian has notified the media and we will have to wait and see if they respond. Tried the fishing a couple of times, not much luck yet. The water needs to be above 50 degrees for them to really be active. I have the poles, boat and eagerness to get this one in the books. I hope to see many of you there and make this a good event for MOC.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Argus Press had a bit on page 2 of today's paper on the picnic. It's not on-line, so if anyone can bring a copy to the picnic I would appreciate it.