• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arguments against the idiots

GumiBear

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We've all seen the different comments on news articles and posts in forums from anti-gun, anti-OC. How would you counter-act their comments in real life, if they were to approach you and make those same comments to your face? I'd like to arm myself with good arguments to counter their concerns. This subject may be posted here in the forum although I haven't found it all in one place, I think it would be great to have it in one place and will benefit our new members as well as myself. I try to imagine myself in a discussion with an anti-gun/anti-OC person;

Comment: If you want to carry a gun it should be concealed, the sight of a gun freaks people out and there is no sense in making them uncomfortable.

Argument: The mere sight of a gun shouldn't freak anyone out, unless it is in the hand of someone that is pointing it at you. If we are talking and you don't know that I have a gun because it is concealed and you are OK with me, does my personality suddenly change if yousee me openly carrying? As long as it is holstered there is no reason to be worried. For alot of folks the mere sight of a clown freaksthem out, I'm 47 and still remember the nightmares I had as a kid about clowns. I know now that clowns won't hurt me, but like the e-trade baby, I still find them creepy, but that doesn't mean I want birthday parties, rodeos, and circuses banned.I enjoy the occasional Big Mac so I'm not boycotting McDonalds. Hundreds of thousands of folks have a fear of heights but I don't recall anyone advocating the tearing down of buildings over one story tall, they just won't go to the second story. So if I'm able to open carry and you are behind me at the grocery store and my holstered weapon bothers you then please feel free to go to a different line and keep an eye on me, it is your choice. Since when does YOUR comfort level trump or take precedence over My comfort level or rights?

Comment: If you feel the need to constantly be armed then you must be paranoid. I can't imagine going through life looking over my shoulder.

Argument: There will always be those folks that say "It will never happen to me" I'm not being paranoid because I'm armed, I'm beingsafe. I know if somethingdoes happen I can protect myself, my family, and my neighbor or die trying alot of people can't understand this. If I'm unarmed looking down the barrel of a gun from a criminal or a crazy person my life is 100% in his/her hands. If I'm armed I at least have a 50-50 chance of going home that night.I'm not so much worried about being robbed or mugged, afterall I don't go to places I shouldn't be in and I'm constantly aware of my surroundings, I'm not looking for trouble, but what bothers meare the crazies out there that will kill a father because hewalks back into aFast Food restaurant to retrieve the toy for his kids happy meal only toget a bullet in the head. I'm not one to go through life thinking it will never happen to me, but what will I do if it does happen to me.For instance, do you have smoke alarms and a fire extinguisher in your home? Why? Have you ever had a fire in your home? If the answer is no then "Why do you have them?". If the answer is yes "Did it save you?" If the answer to this is yes, then the response would be "I guess it was good that you had the toolsat hand to handle the situation"

Please add your Comments and Arguments

KBCraig

imported post

Comment: Open carry is tactically unsound, because you lose the advantage of surprise.

Answer: Surprise is only an advantage in offense, not defense. At the moment you're attacked, surprise is no longer an option. The concealed carrier who hopes to discreetly draw from concealment while at gunpoint, is at a distinct disadvantage when compared to the open carrier who is not attacked in the first place, due to the deterrence of his sidearm.

KBCraig

imported post

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:
What would yousay to someone who says...

Openly carrying a gun is not a deterent. It makes you a target because now you pose an immediate threat to the criminal. So in order to protect himself/herself they will take you out first.
I ask them to cite examples, instead of arguing internet hypotheticals.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:
What would you say to someone who says...

Openly carrying a gun is not a deterent. It makes you a target because now you pose an immediate threat to the criminal. So in order to protect himself/herself they will take you out first.

:question:
While your opponent in debate may fear facing Rambo in armed combat, the rest of us live in the real world populated by opportunistic criminals whose MO is defined by cowardice rather than courage.

DopaVash

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marshaul wrote:
While your opponent in debate may fear facing Rambo in armed combat, the rest of us live in the real world populated by opportunistic criminals whose MO is defined by cowardice rather than courage.
Speak for your self, I saw Rambo slaughter 3 people right in front of me, and he did so whilst yelling "This is because you wear your firearm openly!!!!"

gpz1100

imported post

DopaVash wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Speak for your self, I saw Rambo slaughter 3 people right in front of me, and he did so whilst yelling "This is because you wear your firearm openly!!!!"

LOL!

:D

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You can not win an arguement with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

In all seriousness though, by definition an idiot will be unable to grasp the facts or logic anyway, so the effort is pointless.

However, with the right demeanor and attitude one can sometimes sway emotional reactionary programmed people of the libtard persuasion and inspire critical independent thoughts. It's a slow process and delicate though.

We better get cracking too, 4 years from today we need a regime change.