• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Campus Worry

The_Mossad

imported post

Hello and a wonderful site here. This is one of my first postings. I had excellent advice in the Wyoming section from a board member. I thought I would state something in this secton related to my worry.

As for as I can find out I can not OC at the University of Wyoming, Laramie. This bothers me for one main reason. As a student, I feel that it is at the university where a sistuation that would benefit mebeing armed may take place. I feel this way for a few reasons. First, most of the state is great with OC, however knowing that a specific or particular area (the university) is full of vast amounts of people to hurt/kill that are unarmed bothers me. It seems totally illogical to me that you have a place where so many people gather daily all the time, but all of them are suppose to unarmed.

Knowing this fact bothers me because any criminal with an IQ above 80 can fingure out where to do the most damage. Although I am a firm believer in most things in life being a choice, I feel I only 2 of them.

Choice 1: carry illegally on campus and risk arrest, loosing my education, and lost of money.

Choice 2: follow the law and risk my life.

In short, it is a calculated risk the way I see it. Since this is a questions forum, my questions are.

1. Am I looking at this the wrong way or am I being realistic about my concern?

2. What can I do to solve this concern? Suggestions, advice, etc.

I appreciate the feedback. Great board with great people. I'll be staying here for awile.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Check out the "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus"
They have their own section of the forum here! and are working across the country to get CC on Campus legalized....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
Check out the "Students for Concealed Carry on Campus"
They have their own section of the forum here! and are working across the country to get CC on Campus legalized....
Great advice. If there is no chapter at your school, consider starting one yourself.

Yata hey

RollTideXD

imported post

To answer your last two questions, 1) You're looking at this in a very realistic way, it's logical to want to protect yourself. 2) petition and organize a student chapter to fight for gun rights on campus.

That being said, a friend of mine who is nowa campus police officer at my school gave me this piece of advice the last day before he was sworn in, "If you're carrying correctly, they'll never know you have it on you." I understand that you want to OC, furthermore that you want to remain within the law, but there is a point at which you have to draw a line between what the law allows and your need to defend yourself. I'm not saying you should break the law, but it is something to think about.

Hope this helps.